Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 07:13:42 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Snowbirds are returning.

Started by Mike, October 07, 2013, 03:56:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I got my first snowbird  job today from old customer. Who just got back.
It seems like they never all left from around town. My favorite lunch deli was busy all summer and parking wa gard to find unlike past years where there only a few at lunchtime and parkings easy

Mojo

Yes they are starting to flock back down here.

I had one last week and am finishing off another this week. Both just arrived back down here. It will start getting busier every week from now till Christmas.

Chris

Mike

I also got a sailboat job today (with Chris's  FB comments )

so much for the downtime hey Chris,   it was a nice week

gene

I've got a snowbird job here in Ohio. The homeowners went to Florida until June and their daughter will let me into their house over the next few months to reupholster some of their furniture so it will be completed when they return.

It's nice to have 8 months to get a job finished.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

just wondering will you wait till they return timing it to get paid or can you finish soon and get paid gene? I email a pic a get paid via credit at time that they are north in the summer

Mojo

Quote from: Mike on October 08, 2013, 05:18:53 pm
I also got a sailboat job today (with Chris's  FB comments )

so much for the downtime hey Chris,   it was a nice week

Glad I could help Mike.

And just when you think no one pays attention to your facebook page an order pops up from it.
That is why I leave comments on your page. Just in case someones lurking. :)

Glad you got the job.

Chris

Mike

October 09, 2013, 01:56:21 pm #6 Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:31:29 pm by Mike
Boy i was so cool today sewing that i forgot to break for lunch till it was too late  so no lunch
Chris i  dont see a fb page for your stone vos

gene

Mike, I set it up where I got 1/2 deposit and the remainder when they get back and approve of everything.

I think I could have gotten paid sooner but I like the idea of giving the homeowner the opportunity to approve of everything.

I'll pick up the pieces when I have the time and will work on everything when I have the time. It's nice to have something that can fill in any slow periods.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

Gene i sas wonderi g be suse i get  jobs in  mArch for a nice job mamd then oh by the way were leaving in 2'weeks and usuly i cant cinnish before they leave. But i have material intoit and my time i like to get paid  when iim done  if i had a job like you describ i het the deposite and end up saiting till just before they return to do it  try to time my finnish with there return.