Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 08:30:00 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Vintage wool and mohair needed...1932 Caddy

Started by NDAV8R, September 17, 2013, 06:51:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NDAV8R

Hey Gang:
A friend of mine just a picked a 1932 V12 Cadillac Sedan with 38,000 miles on it, purchased from a museum.
    It is in dire need of restoration, including the top and interior. He says this could be a 3 to 4 year restoration project.
            It appears to be all light grey wool seats side panels and headliner. The lower kick panels on the back side of the front seats are mohair. It also has some horse hair in the seats...eww! I probably won't replace that, unless he restores to original, which I have serious doubts.
My question is: where is a good source for vintage materials including the exterior top material? When and if I take this on...I will post photos.
  Thanks,
Gale.
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

Rich

LeBaron Bonney and Bill Hirsch come to mind. Check Hemmings Motor News for more.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!