Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 04:16:16 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bobbin Donation

Started by Mojo, August 23, 2013, 10:06:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I have about 75 M bobbins ( aluminum ) that I would be willing to give to one of you ( FREE ) if you wind your own bobbins and are in need of them. They are the solid bobbins similar to these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CONSEW-206RB-BROTHER-B797-ALUMINUM-M-BOBBINS-20-/290739288130?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b1697842

If your interested let me know.

Chris

Lo

August 23, 2013, 10:24:35 am #1 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:40:24 am by Lo
Howdy all ... first post to this forum

Would be interested as I do wind my own ... just not sure if they fit my machines :-/
Here is what I have on industrial side: Consew 226; Singer 2281; Singer 241; Singer 31-15
Also hoarding a New Home and older Bernina ... almost have more sewing machines than my husband has guns :-)

Mike

August 23, 2013, 01:43:38 pm #2 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:44:59 pm by Mike
I wouoldnt mind a few Chris no need of 75 but my juki will take M and they go along way compared to my singers G

just wondering  don't you need them

Mojo

August 23, 2013, 03:20:08 pm #3 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:22:35 pm by Mojo
Mike:

I will send you some. I don't have to wind them for you before I ship them do I  :)

I use the slotted bobbins for my Juki and Chandler. I hate these solid ones. The dexterity in my fingers is so bad now I have a hard time getting the thread started on the solid ones.

Lo:

They wont fit your machines. They are the large M bobbins. :(

Chris

Lo

Chris,

Wouldn't-cha know ... probably would have only asked for a dozen too! Oh well, does make me realize I ought to add another item to my 'when not busy to do list'. Thanks anyways ... will continue to 'make do' for now  :)

Lo

MinUph

Hey Chris,
  I know you wanted to give all of them to one person but 75 bobbins are a bit more than your average bear can handle. I'd take a dozen off your hands. Would even pick them up or send postage to you.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

chris ill let you wind them when you get here :) 75 sure is a lot I only have a 1/2 dozen or so G'sonly use 2 at a time

sofadoc

Quote from: MinUph on August 23, 2013, 05:27:33 pm
75 bobbins are a bit more than your average bear can handle.
Not me. I hate the old "2 bobbin/wind-as-you-go" system:
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

I will go ahead and split them then between Mike and Paul.

Paul, I will make arrangements with you to come up to the house and pick them up. I wanted you to look at this chair I am going to re-do along with the leather and give me some pointers.

Mike I will send yours to you. PM me your mailing address as I lost it. Sorry. :(

Chris

Grebo

That's a lot of bobbins  :o

I am ok with the wind as you go thanks. That is until the blasted thing doesn't stop  :'(
Only happens from time to time so I guess I can live with it.

Suzi