Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 03:18:59 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Flyscreens

Started by Allan, August 12, 2013, 01:45:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

I have just bought a small camper van
A couple of the fly screens have cuts on them
I don't want to pull the canvas off to fix them as i need to remove the whole canvas to fix but i don't have the time nor the inclination at the moment

Has anyone got any ideas how to fix the cuts in situ?

Allan

SteveA

There's several ways to patch it up until you can do it correctly.
But for now >  Have you thought about cutting a hole on the opposite end to let the critters out ?
SA

Mike

August 12, 2013, 04:32:31 am #2 Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:33:03 am by Mike
Lowes and bome depot have decorative patches for homes and pool screens here that look loke dragon flys e t that adhear onto the screen covering the rip.

Or this
http://www.lowes.com/pd_318956-76018-P+8096_0__

scottymc

What sort of camper is it Allan? I just replaced the flywire on my Jayco expanda with shadcloth, I put the job off for ages but now I am selling it, was a lot less complicated than I expected, wish I had have done it way sooner instead of when I want to sell it.www.caravancampingsales.com.au/buy/details.aspx?R=15078462

Allan

August 12, 2013, 03:50:45 pm #4 Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 03:51:09 pm by Allan
Scotty

It is a Jayco Penguin

I will have to bite the bullet eventually but not yet

Allan

lruthb

Like Mike I have used patches used for home use. ( bandade ) One customer had a door made for his garage that he wanted me to fix his camper the same way. It stayed in place by the use of magnets. Unfortunatly it worked so well for him that he never did have the right process done. The magnets used were the flat ones. Then he wanted the whole screen to be covered. Worked well but I didn't like the double thickness, I would of cut the old off myself.

scottymc

Hey Allan, the walls on those campers are real easy to get on and off, replace all your flywire with light shade cloth, would be magic on a camper like that and would give you privacy.
Just sold mine yesterday, have ordered a new jayco come in november :)

Allan

Scotty

I plan to replace all the screens in the future but do not have the time at the moment
I have just used some glue on patching for the moment
Peobably use phirtex when i do it
What jayco did you order?
Allan

scottymc

Allan

Scotty

Nice looking van

Allan