Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 08:22:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Prime exposure

Started by sofadoc, April 27, 2013, 09:03:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Every year at this time, our downtown area has a "Backstreet Bash" celebration. Live music, attractions for the kids, and tons of vendors. They set everything up 1 block off the main street, which just happens to be right in front of my shop. By Saturday evening, close to 10,000 people will have walked by my shop.

Normally, I don't go near the shop on this day. But today, I thought I'd hang around and try to gauge how much interest my business generates.

So far this morning, quite a few people have stopped by, with questions such as:

1) "Can I use your restroom? I hate Porta-potties".
2) "I bought an office chair at Wal-Mart for $55. How much would it cost to recover it?"
3) "Do you do cars?" (When I tell them "No", they can't flee the shop fast enough.)
4) " Can you sew up my punching bag?"
5) "Can you put a new zipper in mah huntin' jacket?" (Remember, this IS the heart of Redneck country).

Now I remember why I usually stay the hell away from the shop on "Backstreet Bash" day.
The live music stage is set up about 30 feet from my front door. I'm going to blow my brains out if I hear 1 more George Jones song.

They DID have a 5K race that started and ended by my shop this morning. I had a great view of my wife coming in ahead of the whole town.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

April 27, 2013, 01:17:59 pm #1 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 03:35:53 pm by byhammerandhand
Thanks for the laugh.

Maybe you should just get a box for your door that will hold business cards?  Put a couple of chairs in the window.

Do y'all have camo that you could re-do my hunting ATV seats?
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mike

Quote from: sofadoc on April 27, 2013, 09:03:18 am
Every year at this time, our downtown area has a "Backstreet Bash" celebration. Live music, attractions for the kids, and tons of vendors. They set everything up 1 block off the main street, which just happens to be right in front of my shop. By Saturday evening, close to 10,000 people will have walked by my shop.

Normally, I don't go near the shop on this day. But today, I thought I'd hang around and try to gauge how much interest my business generates.

So far this morning, quite a few people have stopped by, with questions such as:

1) "Can I use your restroom?..................
5) "Can you put a new zipper in mah huntin' jacket?" (Remember, this IS the heart of Redneck country).

I used to have a money donation can on my bathroom door when my shop was in vacationland ,   and last week when I was selling my boat on craigslist I git some really bad spelling texts  one was "humeeny pipo will if fit"  in the boat lol

gene

April 28, 2013, 06:10:23 am #3 Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:10:46 am by gene
I have a customer who has an Interior Design store in the heart of a small community near me. They have a community day each year. Last year the mayor convinced her to offer free wine as a way of giving to the community and getting new business. She said there was a steady stream of people coming into her store to get wine and not one person asked about her Interior Design business.

Good ol' George passed away.

QuoteThey DID have a 5K race that started and ended by my shop this morning. I had a great view of my wife coming in ahead of the whole town.

Was your wife in the race or was she thinking that she had done something wrong and got found out?  :)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

momto3fatdogs

So? Where IS the heart of redneck country exactly? I thought I was there.....In Nashville.

I'm new guys...and just getting started. So I guess this would be my introduction too. I'm Sam  and NOT a guy.

Sam
;)

sofadoc

Welcome Sam,Not-a-guy.

I'm sure the redneck population in Nashville rivals Texas.

So, other than over-feeding canines, what do you specialize in?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban