Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 07:23:06 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Awning Dude has an Awning Question

Started by Mojo, April 17, 2013, 08:33:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Typically I am answering awning questions but this time I have one myself.

Has anyone here ever made the frame for window awnings ? Currently the windows in the back of our house are covered with solar screens during summer months. The boss wants to replace them with awnings to let more light into the house.

Making the fabric portion is no problem but I have never done the frames ? has anyone here done the frames before ? Surely you marine people have done the frames for boats.

Chris

gene

This might be of some help.

http://search.sailrite.com/?freeText=awning%20frame&history=9kdcelca||sub_attr_name~Store_ID^refineValue~Retail1...yu6vrosq||categoryName~cat_121362%40Retail1^category~121430%40Retail1^subCategoryName~Videos^subCategoryName~Videos

Last year I spent a bit of time researching awnings for the back of my house. I never got any farther than the research.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

I want to make some myself thAnks gene cor the link. I have a simmilar plan but a little different so i caneasily remove the canvas for hurricanes.