Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 11:52:30 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Why the Wrinkles

Started by srl520, March 19, 2013, 02:48:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

timtheboatguy

Nice Work! and you will get faster with practice. Upholstery work is like playing an instrument; you can read books, forum post and watch youtube videos until your blue in the face but it takes practice and a lot of it.

I still have a long way to go and am very slow myself, so I do upholstery work mostly during the slow times of my boat repair business. I enjoy doing this work and look forward to the increase of speed!

Tim
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

JuneC

Sweet!  We love Formulas, but right now have a Baja 38 Special.  Whatcha got under the hood?

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

niced boats I saw a lot when I was on lake winipesaukee NH in the 90s  I had 2 in the 20's in the past

srl520

Quote from: JuneC on March 30, 2013, 09:06:22 am
Sweet!  We love Formulas, but right now have a Baja 38 Special.  Whatcha got under the hood?

June

Under the hood is all stock. 502's, turn the key and go. No problems/hassels

Mike

june did you ever finish the interior?

scarab29

Looks great. I was gonna guess early 90's boat since the rear was all wood like that. I got into this gig the exat same way. 94 scarab w/ rotten hatch and rear seat. Did all the wood myself and took the interior to a shop that after 18 weeks didn't do a thing ! Bought a machine , took some classes , practiced on everything I could. The next season had a nice new interior! Guess in lake mead you'd want nothing but white. Just a bit hot there in the summer.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

JuneC

Quote from: srl520 on March 31, 2013, 09:44:40 am
Under the hood is all stock. 502's, turn the key and go. No problems/hassels

That's some serious power there!  Bet it's a screamer.

Mike, I did finish the interior but I got so burned out on that boat I was ready to light it up and roast marshmallows.  There are several pieces I'm not happy with and want to re-do after I get over my frustration with it.  It was just a huge job.  After having done it, I wouldn't even consider another one for less than $12 or $13 grand (I rebuilt all the structure in plastic, new foam, etc.)

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

I know what you meen on the burnout on it , I bartered a canvas and some upholstery on a Bertram for the larson I got rebuilt motor I had to install rebuild the O/D and all new vinyl and carpet + new hull graphics, one thing im not happy on a piece my brother did. but ill do something when the time comes but im redy to use my boats for a while,
I almost got into  it again when I was called about some canvas on a deckboat the guy was selling a old one and offered a trade I didn't feel like all the work involved again