Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 05:26:39 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Do u comunicak?

Started by byhammerandhand, March 17, 2013, 10:02:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Rich

Is that a link? It didn't work for me.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

byhammerandhand

Right click "View Image"   
then zoom by clicking +   

(at least on Firefox)
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Rich

A generation of idiots. I guess he was smart enough to know that intelligience is not wisdom.
Thanks for the post,
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

byhammerandhand

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable.

Wisdom is knowing not to put tomatoes in fruit salad.

Quote from: Rich on March 17, 2013, 10:17:49 am
A generation of idiots. I guess he was smart enough to know that intelligience is not wisdom.
Thanks for the post,
Rich

My son-in-law has an uncle with an off the charts IQ (he missed one question on the SAT and knew it was wrong before he left).   But he is dysfunctional, both socially and hasn't held a job in decades.
Keith

Mike

doesn't work in windows  8

unclelarr

I am so glad there were no cell phones and texting when I was in high school.  It forced us to do very odd things... we actually talked to people face to face, and we actually got on our feet and did something once in a while.

Darren Henry

My Dad had sent me that a while ago . This started well before cell phones. When was the last time some one under 50 actually counted your change up to you instead of just looking at the screen on the till and going $12.53 is your change.

You remember---Your purchase is $12.47...3 pennies=12.5...2 quarters make 13.00...a toonie makes 15 and five makes your twenty I just set on the dash of the register.

It amazes me the number of  people who can manipulate all the necessary buttons and combinations of buttons to play sports games on the tele but can't catch a Frisbee  ::) 
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

I actually saw a young guy this past summer with a walking lawnmower texting while it was running lol

sofadoc

When I see fans texting at a baseball game, I can't help but secretly hope to see one of them get beaned by a foul ball. It just fries me to see texters occupying a good seat that could've gone to a true fan.

Quote from: Darren Henry on March 18, 2013, 03:24:23 pm
When was the last time some one under 50 actually counted your change up to you instead of just looking at the screen on the till and going $12.53 is your change.
I was at an airport store making a purchase recently. I handed the girl a $50 bill for an item that cost $10.88. As she was about to ring it up, the power went out. The airport terminal had auxiliary lighting, but no electricity for the cash register. She absolutely panicked. She grabbed a calculator, and frantically began trying to calculate my change. I told her that my change would be $39.12 just as she was arriving at that conclusion on her calculator.
Her eyes grew wide as saucers with astonishment.
She asked "How did you DO that?"

Somewhere right now, that girl is probably telling everyone about the mathmatical genuis that she met at the airport.

BTW>I had to save the link to "MY PICTURES", and open it there.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Rich

I always say that the further along technology goes, the more that is forever lost. Young people have no idea what that is either. Of course I have to include myslf in that b/c before I was born, generations of people got along on a lot less than I did technologically, but what they lacked in convenience and comfort was made up in the character and courage it took to cope with less. And I think that is even making light of it, b/c when you don't have to "struggle" you just cannot appreciate the value in an experiece that is just accepted as part of daily life. Humans can get used to just about anything and cope quite well doing without. But, once you've become accustomed to a certain standard of living, who wants to go back? You just keep going, not knowing what you may have missed in the process.
Rich

byhammerandhand

I love it when the bill comes to $5.78 and I hand them a $10.  They ring it up. Then hand them 3 cents so I can get even change.   The McJobs have literally no idea what to do next.  I actually had one count out the change on the cash register, then hand me back my three cents once.

Quote from: Darren Henry on March 18, 2013, 03:24:23 pm
My Dad had sent me that a while ago . This started well before cell phones. When was the last time some one under 50 actually counted your change up to you instead of just looking at the screen on the till and going $12.53 is your change.

You remember---Your purchase is $12.47...3 pennies=12.5...2 quarters make 13.00...a toonie makes 15 and five makes your twenty I just set on the dash of the register.

It amazes me the number of  people who can manipulate all the necessary buttons and combinations of buttons to play sports games on the tele but can't catch a Frisbee  ::) 
Keith

Mike

Imguilty as the rest. Reding this on my patio while having coffe on my i phone
Banking on my phone  photo check deposites using apps and the gps.

gene

March 24, 2013, 07:47:19 am #13 Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:51:11 am by gene
It's snowing here in SW Ohio. Thanks for rubbing it in, Mike. The county prosecutor for the county just up the road issued a warrant for the arrest and death penalty of Ponxitony Phil, the groundhog in PA that said we would have a warm Spring.

I was in Speedway, a convenient store gas station for those of you who don't have this chain in your area.

I bought something like $6.50 total, and I gave the guy a $10. He gave me $13.50 back. He obviously gave me change for a $20, instead of change for a $10.

I stood there with my hand held out and the money he just gave me in my hand. I said, rather roughly, "Hey! I gave you a 10!!!"

The guy got all flustered and actually told me I was wrong. "No you didn't. You gave me a ... Oh. Sorry. Yea, you're right. Hey, thanks man." LOL

I gave him a big smile and he took back the $10 that would have come out of his paycheck for having his cash drawer short.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!