Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 03:23:10 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Ideas For Jet Ski Seat

Started by jojo, February 12, 2013, 06:09:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

ive done  many snowmobile seats that in the seat hey didn't have strings but used 1" webbing pulls

Peppy

Yup mike I see that all the time. I've had to add new ones where they didn't exist too. Sew that gusset sorta thing to the seam then webbing to the gusset, then cut a hole in the seat (I've used a router bit in a normal drill before) and run the webbing through the hole. I've also stitched string like jojo says. Slow but it works. I threaded the thread through a hole in the seat pan if I can. Then you can play with the depth as you play with the skin instead of doing it first. 
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

jsquail

I'll throw my 2 cents in here. I did threes jet ski seats from bombadier jet skis. they were all one piece seats with the seperate  knee leg comfort piece just below the helm/handle bars. I used seaquest vinyl from Manart. Seats - easy peazy. Slight heat, little stretching, stapled them down. The comfort pieces - pure hell with regular vinyl Lots of heat, plenty of stretching, had to do one twice, had to put them on a certain way, took two people. Next time, ill use All sport or some other stretchy brand of vinyl.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas