Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 07, 2024, 03:24:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Tenax fastners

Started by Mike, January 20, 2013, 07:18:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

this was the boat I did this full cover about  3 years ago with softtouch .
now the lady wanted to redo the canvas windows and aft curtiam I lost the stupid turnbuttons and used zippers to attach the aftcurtian this time and made zippered pocket but the aft curtain had to snaps just sandbags around the edge and is hing over the rubrail anout a foot like a mooring cover   I  was able to get a done pic but this was the before shots cool little electric boat hence the name

JuneC

Kool boat!  Nice work there Mike.  No pics of the aft curtain you did?

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

baileyuph

Mike,
I sure like the full cover, lower picture.  Nice fit.

Is that material fairly light weight?

Which of your machines did you do that sewing on?  The Juki or Singer 111W?

Anyway, nice seaming, tension obviously fine, and operator knew what he was doing in handling the fabric layers as they flowed through the needle.

With my needle feeds, I have to manage the fabric flow very carefully to avoid seam puckering.

Doyle

Mike

doyle as I said I did that cover maybe 3 or 4 years ago it is a heavy cover  with a soft liner I used my 111w
the canvas june was the old top you can see on the main frame it had Velcro loops ii made normal zippered pockets sorry I didn't get a pic of the new top.

baileyuph

Any way, the fastners I have used like that are a two part, one part to the body and the other in the cover.  The part going on the cover, I did use a cutter and I believe I just folded the back retainer.  Been a while, my experience was on European cars.

Doyle

Mike

I forgot to cut the hole I used my lift the dot tool cutter the hole was a tad small but made for a tight fit.
The washer just screes on and has a specisl tool nut like rich mentioned ring plyer sill eork if the prongs are small enough.