Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 11:21:00 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Cover for dinghy on weaver davits !

Started by Grebo, January 03, 2013, 03:18:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

Any one made one ?

It's only a little boat waveline 265.hinges up on edge of bathing platform & rests against the transom, tricky bit is working around the weavers on the tube.

Any bright ideas ?

Suzi

Mike

January 03, 2013, 06:22:56 pm #1 Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:42:42 pm by MikeM8560
in
m not sure how the weavers work do they store the dinghy horizontal or vert?
here is a couple ive done one was hanging horizontal on st Croix davits trhe vertical I don't what it was bit I had to incorporate access for rods to mount and hold the dinghy

suzi can you post a pic on what you have to work around?

Grebo

Hi Mike, looks like the second one.
Vertically ish, hinges on the bathing platform on two snap on davits. http://snapdavit.co.uk/
Top rests on the transom & upward 'rowlock' is used to secure boat, like your rod arrangement. It's the bottom bit thats the headache.

Will get a photo tomorrow.

Tar  ;D

Suzi

Mike

were there davits on your link? all I saw was a wet t shirt  :P

Grebo

Quote from: MikeM8560 on January 09, 2013, 03:27:10 pm
were there davits on your link? all I saw was a wet t shirt  :P

Funny that's what I thought  ;D

Suzi

Grebo

Blinking photobucket, it's all changed  >:(
Can't find the link for thumbs, try this.

Weavers are sat on the boxes.

Suzi

Mike

is that were your patterning simple  make it fit over the whole boat on its side and allow holes for any mount to hold it up.
me I end up doing one side from the boat and just copping the bottom side if you look around photo bucket must bew a setting because thumbs work for me

Darren Henry

I signed back into photobucket to post those pics a week or so ago and it gave me the option to revert to the old layout.It worked fine.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Grebo

Don't seem simple to me  ???
Can't just allow holes as the weavers are snapped on while the boat is in the water then swung up into place.
I have made something which has holes for the weavers, slits to close the cover together with snap buckles & a big flap to hold the two sides together. It's all a bit messy, I am sure there is an easier way to do it.
Will try FB again then.

Suzi

fragged8

Peppy

☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mike

as in my pic http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/covers/th_photo-71.jpg
the cover slip on the dinghy with it hooked to the davits and holes with zippers where struts held it verticle

Grebo

Ok, I think I have got it now. Is that three zips from top edge down wards ?

Suzi

Mike