Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 10:19:02 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Lastest Airplane Project

Started by NDAV8R, December 17, 2012, 06:34:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Highvelocity

Gale,
     That job is second to none... I love how the seats came out with everything laying just right, not a wrinkle in sight...I have done seats and they can be more than a challenge....

But it begs the questions, what kinda shape was the foam in?  And did you use 1' foam backing on the skins...?  And did you use a thin plastic barrier to slide the skins on that nice??

Again, Awesome job,

Ed

Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

Darren Henry

QuoteI think I need a passport or something.

I would suspect you would. We now require one to go to the states. The "enhanced security ID" was just a tweener while they brought in passport requirements.

Now if you've got skis on any of your planes; we could go ice fishing at North West Angle. My old buds from back in Kenora (Ont.) on local licenses, you and I on MInn. and Man. resident status and put the cooler and the blueflame on the border(s).  :P  *

*The Manitoba/Ontario/Minnesota junction is in the WSW  corner of lake of the woods. I forget where the Minnesota/North Dakota boundary falls. I know it's very close.

QuoteAs a Photographer speaking, do you get good fall colors in your area? I do "chase leaves" in Minneasota every fall. Perhaps Canada could be in my sites!

Right now we have some pretty cool winter colours (yes that's how it's spelled)  with horror frost. I'll try to grab you a couple of picks before it all falls off --- but it's dark to and from work this time of year.

Around Kenora, it's boreal forest so lots of conifers but a decent palate interspersed between from all the different hardwoods. The rocks and lakes make nice accents as well. I'm probably bias when I say it's more dramatic near Brandon because I grew up there.If you draw a line from the International peace gardens through Brandon and north you'd be following the edge of the Manitoba Escarpment (better know as the Riding Mountains/Turtle mountains/ and the Duck mountains (all Federal or provincial parks) . I grew up near and know best the Riding Mountain area. While we don't get the face sized, crimson leaves of the sugar maples like Quebec and SE Ont. we get a very nice mix of colours and because of all the mineral springs along the mountain (by prairie standards --- come on? :))  The shades of greens and yellows and reds get very diverse in a surprisingly small geographic area.Our raveens and valleys aren't as large as the ones Chris posted recently from TN , but they do provide great vistas and viewing opportunities. [ A vista doesn't mean much if you can't pullover and take a picture  ;)]

Quotedo "chase leaves" in Minneasota

since they moved back from Saskatchewan [pool table in the south---telephone pole farm in the north] Mom and Dad went every fall that she was well enough. Now he (71yrs/copd/cranky/etc...) and his friends and cousins make a few day long trips through the whole area.

;D ;D ;D For more travel log info or to book one of my campers please call 1-204-800-3945. (that is my real "Magic Jack #--the 800 exchange is a new one in Winnipeg. before that you had to call me in Moorhead MInn.)

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

NDAV8R

Quote from: Highvelocity on December 19, 2012, 11:36:25 am
Gale,
     That job is second to none... I love how the seats came out with everything laying just right, not a wrinkle in sight...I have done seats and they can be more than a challenge....

But it begs the questions, what kinda shape was the foam in?  And did you use 1' foam backing on the skins...?  And did you use a thin plastic barrier to slide the skins on that nice??

Again, Awesome job,

Ed

Thanks Ed:
All New Flame proof foam from Skandia Inc. layered in different densities.  1/2" muslin back foam in behind the center inserts and 1/4" foam on the rest except the backs. I pattern all seat covers to each individual foam seat...ya it takes longer but you have a custom fit for each seat. And I kind of make mine a little tighter cause leather will stretch out in time.
   I used a good old garbage bag to roll the seat cover over.  Had to back tie the top portion(recessed area) with a 1/8" welding rod in headliner listing (through the foam to the backside and tied off) 1/4 down. Still I really had to compress hard over the lumbar areas. Some seats have a velcro split at the bottom which looks a little cheesie.

Gale.

Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!