Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 12:30:54 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

fed up with todays cars

Started by Mike, December 12, 2012, 07:27:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

December 12, 2012, 07:27:24 pm Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:40:35 pm by MikeM8560
ive got a 08 dodge van. and ive had a idiot light go off to aleart low tire preasure in one of the tires dosent say wich
now it apparently a bad sensor  as its been on  dteady for bout a month.
there is a light for a loose gas cap but it will light if its just cold out and different air preasure, no biggy on those 2 .
but today I had a brake word light abs/bas light and antiloc light I sent to a repair shop and they said they read a code that showed a bad abs moduale, 300 parst plus labor $824 :o I called a place ive had a lot of work at at my last house but tarther away I hask ti install the same $295 parts and labor. :-*
with my old car this would never be a problem I had sence enough not to slay on the brake and I could tighten my gas cap just fine if I forgot it my dumb loss .
ps and my fridge bit the big one yesterday. I got  a new fridge cold beer comes first 

Mojo

I hate having car issues. I have a 1/2 ton Ram truck and I think I have had every light at one time or another illuminate on my dash. I have a bad throttle position sensor on it at the moment that needs to be replaced.

Last Dodge I will ever own.

How old was your fridge and what brand ? Those things typically run for 20 or 30 years.

Chris

JDUpholstery

Fortunately my Dodge is still under warranty, I have had a few issues that needed repair dealing with various sensors....mine is a 2010 Ram 1500, even though I have had some issues I love my truck! smooth ride and great fuel mileage compared to my old Ford

Mike

Chris thebfridge was here 2 1/2 years ago when i moved in it was old then a creezer up top one i hated it but it was cold. I have a samsung french door style with the freezer on. Otto
Comming. No lore bending over for stuff

baileyuph

It seems anything mechanical can give problems, the more sophisicated tends to be more probable for error and definitely will cost more than a simpler machine to repair.

Brands are independent, I have a Toyota that the engine has been into two times, a Ford that hasn't been a problem.  But, I do like the Toyota overall.  I also like the Ford.  I like a vehicle that is in good working order.   ;)

Doyle

Mike

I had a 86 suburu brat at 60k me a livht. Ame on automTiclh didnt meen anything was wronv go che k the emisions. Afger that now theve gone. Crazy  with warnings

Mojo

Samsung is currently producing the best appliances of all the other brands. Cousins of mine own
the HH Gregg stores and when I was in there I got to talking with the district manager and he said they have the best luck with Samsung TV's and appliances. They are consistently rated # 1.

I just bought a theater system for the coach there and it was a Samsung. Checked some studies and reports and found it is rated # 1 in its class. You did good Mike. Probably be the last fridge you will ever have to buy. :)

Chris

sofadoc

I have a Samsung fridge that I bought in '06. I'm on my 3rd condenser fan, and my 2nd freezer fan. I order them online and replace them myself. Cheap plastic fans with a toy motor. But they're easy as pie to snap in and plug up.

If I weren't able to replace them myself, I'd probably be unhappy with my Samsung purchase. But as long as it's only costing me $35-$40 every 2 or 3 years, I guess I'm happy. But based on my own personal experience, I'd stop short of hailing them the best brand. But hey, who knows? If I had a different brand, I might have had even more trouble by now (trouble that I couldn't take care of myself).
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

A couple years ago I wouldn't touch anything that had the name Samsung on it. Today I would buy one in a minute. The GM at HH Gregg told me their service/warranty work load is the least on anything Samsung.

I believe Samsung maybe the Hyundai of appliances. I can remember when Hyundai cars were junk. Now they are awesome cars.

Chris

Eric

I've got a 2003 camry 250,000 miles, only brakes and waterpump so far. Just bought 2013 hyundai elantra, nice car but does not get 40 MPG as claimed. Worst vehicle I every owned was a dodge 2500 P/U.
Eric

sofadoc

I'm on my 3rd Dodge PU since '91 (currently driving an '08 with 100K).
If you guys don't want your Dodge PU's, I'll take 'em.
My oldest daughter's '05 Hyundai didn't make to 100K.
My younger daughter's '09 Hyundai has all kinds of quirky problems.
When she first learned to drive, I bought her a '98 Toyota Rav 4 with a 105K miles. She drove it for 3 years. No problems.
My wife put 250K on a Nissan Pathfinder without even so much as a tune-up.

What does all that mean? Nothing. For every good story about a particular brand, someone else has a bad one.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

I was wrong its a maytag fridge chris , I did redcienry get a Samsung 60" lcd tv I hope the maytag id as good as my washer dryer.  eric I have a 97 dodge 2500 thwe ol
nly troublew was the trany as I was told to beware after I had it. towing a heacy loaded trailer to florif=da from new Hampshire I blew the trany entering Jacksonville luckily the local  shop I was toe=wed to had a heacy geared upgraded trany for a truck but I got bumped ahead as I was in transit. 

Mojo

My tranny in my Ram is a sluggish when its cold. Once it is warm it is OK and works great. Scares me though.

Chris

JuneC

Well my Toyota 4Runner is turning 11 this year.  And it still looks and acts brand new except for the worn out driver's seat that I'll get around to recovering sometime over the holidays.  Oh, and the gas cap is worn out so the check engine light comes on.  I really need to replace that and clear the code one more time.  The most amazing part of the whole vehicle is the paint.  It looks maybe a year old.  

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields