Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 07:22:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What glass is this?

Started by Pegasus2007, November 26, 2012, 10:46:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pegasus2007

I had someone drop off a dodger with what appears to be similar to EZ2CY in it.  He wants us to quote replacing the glass for him and he doesn't want Strataglass.  He prefers the more optically correct product like he has now.  The only experience we've had with EZ2CY is when we had to have a company in Fort Lauderdale glue the panels for us.  They couldn't be sewn.  The glass is too tough.  However, the product used on this guys dodger was sewn in.  What could it be and is it available somewhere?  It sure looks like it's too tough to sew to me but thought you guys might have some good info for me.  Thanks, Russell.

Pegasus2007

It could be 60 gauge Makrlon.  I have samples coming.  Has anyone sewn this before?

Mike

that or the same from oceanclear  ive never sold a job with it but I have tried sewing the sample they sent with a needle you can sew it but you wana go slow I woulg figure that time into the cost  ..
so how are you liking maine?
this funny about nh but still applicable to maine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTVNZojojU

Pegasus2007

That's one of my all time favorite comedy routines!  I've shared that video with friends many times!  I love it!

Eric

If your sewing it in, makrolon or oceanclear. I use oceanclear. You can also use a thinner poly from trivantage, but it won't last nearly as long.
Eric

Pegasus2007

Where do you buy your Oceanclear Eric?

Eric

www.Oceanclear.net
California-Steve Sisco owner  (909) 980-9200

Pegasus2007

Just received samples of 60 gauge Makrolon and I know I need something that's 40 gauge for this project.