Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 09:30:05 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Friday Funny

Started by byhammerandhand, November 17, 2012, 01:57:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked, "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"

The marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Allan

Subject: FW: Aussies lead in world technology battle
After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back
200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than
150 years ago.
Not to be outdone by the British, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet.
Shortly after, a story published in the New York Times said: "American archaeologists, finding traces of
250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech
communications network 50 years earlier than the British".
One week later, Australia's Northern Territory Times reported the following:
"After digging as deep as 30 feet in his backyard in Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, James 'Knackers' Mitchell, a self-taught
archaeologist reported that he found absolutely bugger-all.
Knackers has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Australia had already gone wireless."
...Makes ya bloody proud to be Australian!

sofadoc

"Bugger-all"?
Is that Aussie for "Diddly-squat"?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

The obama admin put the word 'terrorist' on their politically incorrect list. Seriously!

Allan, your joke is more than just funny. It's what much of science has become today. It's getting to a place where it takes more faith to believe in much of what science is saying than it does to believe in God. Science has become political and money driven.

I've never heard the term 'bugger-all'. That's probably not a word that you would want to confuse with 'buggery' - as in "What he gave me in return for my help was buggery." (If I meant to say 'bugger-all.)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

It means the same as Fanny Adams.

Quote from: sofadoc on November 18, 2012, 05:27:53 am
"Bugger-all"?
Is that Aussie for "Diddly-squat"?

Keith, who worked for years with people from Australia, New Zealand, England, Wales, Scotland, and South Africa.  The one that still gets me is Cockney rhyming slang.   This is where a word or phrase gets substituted into a rhyming phrase (or name), then often the rhyming part is dropped.  If you don't know, you haven't a Scooby.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Allan

Gene

Bugger-all meand nothing or next to nothing

You have bugger-all
You have nothing

Allan