Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 03:38:33 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

highlead

Started by lc, October 18, 2012, 08:33:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lc

Hi eveyone.

Could someone direct me to a Highlead dealer ? I have heard so much good about them I think Im going to get a bit more serious in aquiring one,.

As some may know I'm in Ontario but if I know I can get a good deal over there I am game.
I went on line and looked them up but I don't know which out of the many that are out there are suitable for furniture upholstery and leather work.
June I recall you had just gotten one a while back ..how do you like it now that you had it for a while ?

I was going to go into the archives to find the model you have but I'm too beat to look it up , lol .
I had a long day today and to tell you the truth I have had nothing but problems with my Juki 1508 , I have so much downtime with this machine.
I used to use an older type for the 20 yrs I worked ,,I sure miss that old Juki .

Mojo

I do not know how far you are from Windsor but Bob Kovar ( Toledo Sewing ) is located right off  I-75 in Toledo, Ohio.

You could buy it from him and if your close pick it up and drag it back across the border. Having it shipped in your going to pay Duty I believe. Greg is the other Highlead dealer but he is located near the East coast ( I think PA ).

Give Bob a call and see what he has to offer and what he can do in as far as shipping to Canada.
I am sure he routinely ships to Canada and knows the ins and outs.

Bob: 419--380-8540      

Chris

sofadoc

I'm curious about the trouble that you're having with the 1508. Did you buy it new, or used?
If you DO drive stateside to purchase a new Highlead, you should drag that 1508 head along wih you, and get it checked out. I can't imagine that the problem with it is too severe.

The most common upholstery model Highlead is the GC-0618.
http://store.keysew.com/highlead-gc128-b-d3-with-assembled-stand
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban