Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 28, 2024, 09:44:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Stuffing cushions

Started by JuneC, September 12, 2012, 05:52:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on September 19, 2012, 03:35:23 pm
no email in profile and the website is to a lady's clothing store in the UK.
If mroy got you to click on he/she/it's UK clothing website, then he/she/it accomplished he/she/it's goal.

I'm wondering if there is spambot technology now that will take an existing post, change a couple of words, and re-post it. I can't believe that he/she/it does it manually.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

September 19, 2012, 07:13:03 pm #31 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:17:27 pm by gene
If mroy got you to click...

I think that's an important point sofa d. I did not click on the website. I copied it and put it in google.

If people would stop clicking on unknown websites as often as they do there might be less spam and a lot less viruses going around.

And a good point about what kind of software is going on now a days. If that redneck from Podunk, Alabama who's taking your customer service call is actually someone in India who has learned to talk "redneck from Podunk, Alabama," then I guess anything is possible.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Getting back to silk film, I got in a 100 yard roll today. Since Gene suggested Sunshine Foam, I ordered from them. It's everything you guys said it was. I had become so disgusted with that other stuff, I avoided using the vacuum method whenever possible.

I really don't even understand why they would do that youtube video with the noisy krinkly crap.

Now if I could only fight the subliminal urge to buy some "Plus size fashions" :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

Getting back to the off topic:

My wife told me last night that she got an email from UPS saying her package was undeliverable and she needed to click the link to find out where to pick up her package.

It was spam. And now she's worried about a virus.

I told her about right clicking the link and seeing the 'properties' or 'information' or whatever her computer calls it. When you do this you can see that "UPS.com" does not go to UPS.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

Quote from: gene on September 19, 2012, 03:35:23 pm

And what about that guy who uses that damn irritating red LOL with the little guy jumping up and down on the "O"???

gene

I was wondering when someone would complain about that. :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Grebo

Quote from: fragged8 on September 16, 2012, 02:08:12 pm
I love silk film but we don't get it over here in the UK  :(

So the key for me was improvisation, I now use the thin plastic
from auto paint shops that they use for masking up body panels
it works just as good but does make more noise than silk film.

I use a shower drain/trap fitted to the end of my vacuum for sucking
foam, it makes the suction area a little larger

Rich

Me two  ;D I do a mix of covers & cushions sometimes don't do a cushion for months. When I need it I pop down to the local DIY & get a hand full of dust sheets, they are so thin & soft I would call them silk film.
No noise at all.
I have a old Vax machine for the w/shop, the one with adjustable suction, I found the small upholstery cleaning head is perfect for this.

Suzi