Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 01:27:42 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Projects

Started by Mojo, September 21, 2012, 08:13:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Things have been dead with business lately so I took the time to catch up on some projects around the house. I tore down some old posts on my front porch and installed new ones and then made a boxed eave that encases all of them.

Next up is installing some new doors and trim on my storage shed. I have several other projects waiting in the wings. I have actually enjoyed this slow time and it feels good to have a hammer, nail gun, saw and other carpentry tools in my hand. A few of my projects are outdoors so I am waiting for cooler weather to hit down here before starting them. Also my buddy the Canadian Doc who lives with us in the winter will be here then and I plan on putting him to work. :)

I have two orders on the books and those are scheduled for next week so hopefully I can get some of these projects knocked out in between orders and I am hoping I wont get busy.

Chris

Mike

Ive found that with many companies here in florida not just canvas septber is the slowest month.
Myself im down to one cover  and a small set of coaming pads. Though sayirday i have to look at a hatteras. And may get the goahead monday on. A sailboat job.
But its nice not to have the stress of a backlog. Kinda a different stress

SHHR

That's my sure fire way to get business coming in. Just take some time to do some things for myself and the phone will start ringing or customers showing up needing work done.
Kyle

Mike

Funny chris id think mow you would be busy gettig thoose last minute jobs done becore the. Ustomers headed south in  the next few month i know many snowbirds here cant leave till after christmass. When the wife says so.

Mojo

Kyle:...........LOL......No kidding. All I need to do is plan something and the business comes through the door.

Mike: I have a couple orders for late October. Both are snowbirds. I believe last November things started getting busy and from there it just spun out of control. By the end of January I was 8 weeks behind.

I have a rally to do in Myrtle Beach next month and I still have not sent in my registration money yet. It is a $ 1,200 expenditure for me and I am not sure I want to spend that money right now to attend. I need to make my mind up in the next couple days.

Chris

Mike

Jyou know that hattaras tour alway talking of chris.  Just when i thugh i was comming to a end i get one to work on.

1200 that is alot when i do the local boat show it only about half that.

Mojo

I am still waiting for you to finish my Hatteras. :)

Chris

JDUpholstery

Wish I could say the same about September, this has been my busiest month so far...only 22 days in and I have had sales 4X larger than my biggest month so far....of course I can probably equate it to happy customers and word of mouth finally getting things going..we will see how next year adds up!