Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 10:11:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Rv question mabe mojo will know

Started by Mike, August 08, 2012, 02:07:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

On a mountian air coach the awning main beam has a slot that a plastic insert seen to can as will fit smaller then kedar welt

JuneC

Keder comes in lots of sizes.  I have 6, 7.5 and 8.5 mm and I know it comes in a 4mm for use in H-Tube.  Maybe the 4mm is what you need.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

What is the foam welt cord 5/32" it is smaller maybe a bit larger then the welt but smaller the  Kemal kedar and verry stiff sewn I to a canvas  there is a slot on the coaches awning  beam it was  a mountian air by Newmar   One of thoose classes rvs and a cool awninflg come out auto and not the old style with the support arms.  It looked mike the plastic cord I've seen patio sling chairs made with but smaller.

Mojo

Mike:

I sent you the 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch polyrod samples. You should get them Monday. Once you know they will work let me know and I will send you down 24 ft of each.

This polyrod is way to hard ( and expensive ) to find for you to go out and buy just a little bit for a single job. My supplier in Boca requires I buy in bulk to get discounts, 1,000 ft of 1/4 inch and 2,000 ft of 1/8 in. I do so many awnings and slide toppers that I have burned through 2 boxes of 1/4 inch and 1 1/2 boxes of 1/8 inch in the last 12 months. Many places charge a premium when buying cut yardage. My supplier discounts the polyrod when buying bulk to the point that it is 400 % cheaper then buying it in cut yardage.

Let me know if the polyrod I sent you will work and I will ship you down the yardage you need for that slide topper job.

Chris

Mojo

Mike:

I forgot to tell you that I got your e-mail to call you AFTER I was done talking to you. I just happened to call you out of the blue and give you crap about that Hatteras. I also had that question I wanted to ask about needle sizes. After I was done talking to you I found your e-mail asking me to call you. Hilarious.   8)   ;D

Hows that for ESP........:)

I sent the samples out on Friday BTW. Let me know when you get them.

Chris

Mike

Must have been ESP   I thought you must have got my email. Did you figure out why that canvas  tore?   I'll see wich size works I'll have to have the owner meet me at his rv In storage  a d let you know I realy aprieacate it. M

Mojo

No problem Mike. Glad I can help you.

I know it was a fierce storm he got caught in. It bent the hell out of the frame and arms on his slide topper. I still do not like the fact that it ripped at the stitch run which is why I am replacing the fabric free of charge to him.

I could easily walk away from it as he felt it was not my fault it ripped apart but he has been a good customer and is well connected in the RV Association so I know in the end it will all come back to me. I am not going to bitch and whine over $ 75 in fabric. I just want to do the right thing by my customer.

BTW, I lengthened my stitches to 5 per inch and am using a # 18 needle with the Solarfix just to be on the safe side.

Chris

Mike

Didn't show Tuesday hope the mail comes tomorow