Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 05:15:10 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Blast, short on canvas.

Started by Grebo, May 31, 2012, 08:58:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

May 31, 2012, 08:58:52 am Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:16:46 am by Grebo
Bother, I have two window covers left to do on a complete cover up.
I bought up the last of this colour as there are a few boats in the marina with the same.
& I can't get any more  :-X it's discontinued.
It's called ocean cruise & looks like a denim  ??? I have enough to do one window with a join. Any amazing ideas how to make it look good spreading the material over the two windows, they are on opposite sides of the boat.
I am thinking may be make the whole covers in a plain blue (sunbrella ocean matches) & insetting a smaller piece matching the window shape.   :-\

Suzi

Mike

May 31, 2012, 11:05:31 am #1 Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:44:42 pm by Mike
I feel bad for  you been there  Not sure wht your makeing  canvas covers over the clear maybe ? I think outdura has a matching color  to ocean   marine blue.  

Judy_Boat

I like the matching side insert idea.

Or one side totally different to determine port and starboard. :D

regalman190

June 01, 2012, 09:25:35 am #3 Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:28:46 am by regalman190
Suzi....are these clear windows? If they are, do you have enough to make the whole window in clear vinyl and just trim the outer edges, like 1" or 2" all around with the fabric?

If these are covers for the clear vinyl, maybe trim the windows in the material you have, and use a similar color to cover them, but on the inside, not outside. The clear vinyl might give enough distortion that the color difference will not be noticeable.
Regal Canvas

Grebo

June 04, 2012, 03:07:58 am #4 Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:11:11 am by Grebo
Quote from: regalman190 on June 01, 2012, 09:25:35 am
Suzi....are these clear windows? If they are, do you have enough to make the whole window in clear vinyl and just trim the outer edges, like 1" or 2" all around with the fabric?

If these are covers for the clear vinyl, maybe trim the windows in the material you have, and use a similar color to cover them, but on the inside, not outside. The clear vinyl might give enough distortion that the color difference will not be noticeable.

Sorry not be be clear  :-[

They are canvas covers  to pop over the outside of the clear windows. The windows have already been replaced in the original 'frames' .
I think I will go with just a plain matching blue & see what it looks like, I can always sew something onto them after wards if they need it.
The whole point of the covers is to protect the windows from the sun over the months the owner is not here.

With hindsight  ::) I should have used a plain colour & kept the odd colour for repairs.

If I had checked before hand Judy, I could have done something like that, I foolishly assumed that I had enough material  :(

Thanks for the suggestions.

Suzi

Mike

Ive made. Covers like that with textaline or simmilar mesh blocks most sun a d the owner can still see out.