Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 03:29:22 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Another supplier gripe

Started by stitcher_guy, May 24, 2012, 05:49:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stitcher_guy

I won't name any names of this company in Oregon, that holds all the cards with hard-to-find old original auto cloth and vinyl. Simply put, they S-ure did M-ake me S-team with how they treated me recently.

Put in an order for body cloth on an 87 Iroc Camaro (the striped stuff is not around). They gladly charged $85 to my credit card, and then did not send the cloth. I called after ample time to get it to me, and was told "oh, we don't have it, but we're looking for it." Well, I'd already called Original Auto and they didn't have any, and there's no other sources that I am aware. I told them to forget it, that the customer was griping and I had to get the job finished. In the meantime, I found some of the same cloth in beige, dyed it black, and finished the job.

I never got my $85 back on my credit card. After a cycle period, I called again. "Well, you never said you wanted to cancel that order. Are you wanting to cancel?" DUH, you idiots. I said I didn't want it anymore the last time. Ok, cancelled. But, Doug P, the owner, only issue credits on the weekends. They left him a message.

Another credit card cycle, and the return was not posted. I called again, was told by the snotty woman on the other end that she'd passed on the information, and he was the only one to issue credits. Pretty much, screw me, it wasn't her problem.

I called two days later. Thankfully Ms. Personality was gone, and I talked to her counterpart, Mr. Doesn't Care. His hands were tied, he could do nothing, he didn't even have the file because it had been filed as "cancelled." But, he did tell me I should e-mail the owner to "encourage" him to give me the credit. I have to encourage my 6yo to eat her vegetables. I shouldn't have to encourage a business owner to own up to not providing product.

I e-mailed. I heard nothing for several days. I e-mailed again, I got a response "I'll work on that this week."

Well, for once I have to say thank you to Capital One credit card. I disputed the charge, laid out the timeline, and they credited my card and will go after this lackluster supplier to reclaim their money.

I know that I don't order much from them (and never again, if Quality Auto doesn't have it, then it doesn't exist). And to them it was only $85. But from my end, that's enough money to get my hackles up. If a customer came to me and I hadn't provided service, they'd be in my face wanting their money back. It's just average customer service, and no one should be so big in their head that they feel they don't need to provide.

ahkahn

Wow... unbelievable. 

If you call me with the Detroit number I've got a few other sources that I may be able to locate that material for you.

-Andrew

DBR1957

Call your credit card company and issue a complaint. Stop dealing with the supplier.
Tell customers you won't order materials from that supplier again because you
can't rely on them.

I have never dealt with anyone who would charge my card until the items were
ready to ship. Seems to me this supplier could get in trouble. Taking an order and
having it drop shipped is one thing, but to charge your card when they didn't even
know if they could get the material is something they might get into big trouble for.

Mojo

We all bust our butts to provide good customer service. It is a shame when we cannot receive the same thing from the people we deal with.

I read about businesses shutting down and cannot help but wonder was it because of a lack of customer service ?

I consider myself blessed because Mike and Miami Corp looks after me so well. If I need something they handle it ASAP. No chasing anyone around, making phone calls, waiting for return phone calls, e-mails etc.

I have sent two suppliers packing and refuse to order from them ever again. One was because of nasty customer service people and the second because I had to chase the guy down to give him my business. Called him once and left a voice mail and sent him a PM here and two e-mails. No return contact. Screw that. I am to busy to chase sales people and besides, it is MY business I am giving them. They are not there because they were anointed by God and are doing us a favor but rather they exist because of all of us.

I have little to no patience for rudeness or poor customer service. I consider myself blessed by the supplier I have.

Chris

SHHR

That happened to me once when I was a teenager, I ordered re-chromed show quality bumpers for my old 62 Pontiac at $1500 a piece. Being a teenager I had no credit yet, so my dad put them on his card and I gave him the cash to pay it off. They were quick to charge, but after 6 months, then 8, then 10 went by with no bumpers being delivered. several calls to the company were met with the answer; "oh we just found a set of useable cores and they're being plated right now." finally Dad called the credit card company and complained. the next day my $3000. was back on his card as a credit. The credit card company, from what I understood at the time (this was 20+ years ago)  effectively had the platers shut down on fraud, and it turned out they were doing it to many others as well.

stitcher_guy

That's what griped me right off the bat. To put the charge on my card without even having the material in stock. I've run into out of stock items before with supplieres, and it's no problem. when the material comes in, it's sent and then I'm charged on my card. I order Ruff Tuff seat covers all the time, and the turnaround is 3-4 weeks. There is no charge on my card until the day they are sent out.

I did exactly what was suggested. Called my credit card company, filed a disputed charge. They credited my card the next day, and now it's between them and the supplier. All for a measely $85. But that's still a chunk of change in my world.

69Mach1

I had a similar problem with said business in Oregon, I ordered the material 5/6 yards at $90.00 a yd, They said they had it...great... so I wait a few days for my order to come...nothing!! I call them and they tell me there warehouse/shipping guy is off this week..WTF I think!! I ask.. Well when will it ship... as soon as he returns..How can you run a business like this!! I waited almost 3 weeks for them to roll up 5/6 yards of fabric!! Never will order from them again!!