Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 03:39:38 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Im alot slower latly

Started by Mike, May 04, 2012, 05:14:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

May 04, 2012, 05:14:13 pm Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:16:13 pm by Mike
I dont know if it after effect from my stroke or just getting Old but i dont have as much steam if i pattern somthing in the morning thats it for the day and today i only  covered theese 4 pieces leaning post is back rest and a seat and backrest infron of a console for a flats  boat  indidnt even ndtall therm just some get them.all day 9 tp 5
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/6f2b0d63.jpg

One thing that slowed me down was inmade my own hydem for the rod holder backrest

bobbin

Ahem! I'd say the work you've shown is a very respectable output for a day.  The phone rings, you answer, someone strolls in, you speak with them... . 

There's a lot of detail in those pcs., and detail takes time.  As usual, Mike, the work is beautiful.  If you think you're working more slowly, it's time for you to up your prices... you are clearly capable and anyone who wants top notch work will be willing to pay. 

JMO, buddy. 

JuneC

Mike, you'd still run circles around me.  I'd take probably a day and a half to do those 4 cushions.  I know age is slowing me down, but part of that is that I just don't push myself anymore.  I just don't have the drive I did in the early years.  Boredom mostly...

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

Thanks for making feel better

Quote from: JuneC on May 04, 2012, 07:05:20 pm
I just don't have the drive I did in the early years.  Boredom mostly...

June

June as  I recal you were trying to make it solo sewing just starting
Thats drive paying the bills

scarab29

For a minute I thought business was slow and was going to buy you a plane ticket !!  :P I got more jobs here than a jamacan  , and i'm slowing down a bit too !!
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Mike

I used to tell everyone about  2 weeks out and i coukd get caught up pdety much in 2 now ive got eorked i booked 6 weeks 8 weeks ago  to do

regalman190

I don't know Mike......Wow. All I know is that when I pattern a boat it wipes me out. Lots of climbing up and down, leaning over the boat, etc. And those seats don't look easy.
As usual, great job!
Regal Canvas

Mike

Ya regal if i pattern a boat in the morning and when done its lunch time that it for the da for me.
Ive got thoose seat sitting here to do oPen the seams and add  some color but im taking the weekend off.
Did some fishing yesterday maybe some gardening today ?

Mojo

Mike:

You have always worked circles around most of us. Your output has always been above average so I wouldn't worry about it to much. Strokes can sometimes slow you down  but I have found getting older has more to do with it.

Your still working faster then alot of us so don't worry about it. :)

Chris

fragged8

put your prices up a bit if you can Mike to compensate,
even on your worst day you still get twice as much done as  I can :D :D :D

Mike

Ive tried going up rich. On pia  jobs were i know there looking for  a low price ill go high when i dont want to be bothered foing it for  heat if it a easy good money job i stay normal. That last seat job there was a past customer  and. Ow that i moved my dogs vet

Grebo

Quote from: Mojo on May 07, 2012, 02:43:02 am
Mike:

You have always worked circles around most of us. Your output has always been above average so I wouldn't worry about it to much. Strokes can sometimes slow you down  but I have found getting older has more to do with it.

Your still working faster then alot of us so don't worry about it. :)

Chris

Thats what I was going to say, watch out Mike you might be dropping down to 'normal' speed soon  ;D

Suzi

kodydog

Quote from: Mike on May 06, 2012, 06:22:12 am
Did some fishing yesterday maybe some gardening today ?

I don't think there is one person who participates on this forum who hasn't earned a little time off. From the rookie who is busting it trying to start a new business to the seasoned pro working 50 to 60 hours a week trying to put a little away for retirement.

If your tired, that's your body telling you to spend a little down time on yourself.

When I finish upholstering a chair I like to sit in it to check the comfort level. Lately its getting harder to get back up.   :)

Don't feel guilty about taking time off to go fishing. You've earned it.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html