Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 17, 2024, 02:07:22 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Lack of communication.

Started by Mike, May 02, 2012, 10:40:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

So i dis thoose hurricane seat now today i had to work on a bimini when i installed the frames on the boat befor patterning the canvas  im informed from the shop i usve to do it again adding two tone. For extra.
First the shop had me price the job all white for a dealor price   Them the owner called me later on and i gave him a retail price  two tone.  Then the shop gor the boat back and said to do the job at the previous cost i had given them  (low all white) so the owner of the boat saw the boat snd told the shop it was to be 2 tone. I went with the orinal shop price all white not the proce. Retail of two to e i told the owner privatly. So now i have to open them up and add some color more labor then material :(
I should have asked again i guese but i tend to get short awnsers.  Just do it Latly with my speech  i need to talk slow and everyone is fast in a hurry.

JuneC

Now that just sucks, Mike.  You know, if there's EVER a question, I always ask who I'm working for.  I've done work for captains who misinterpreted what the owner wanted.  Luckily, I never got the shaft in that situation, but came really close on several occasions.  You had the shop telling you one thing and the owner another and that's just a recipe for trouble.  Sorry to hear you have to modify the seats for nothing extra.  Maybe you need to get the guy who's going to write the check to sign on the contract (detailing the job) how the job will be done. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

This happens more than you would think; purchasing agent gives green light, owner/boss blocks or changes order midstream.  It's like your playing referree for another company. 

It's a balancing act, but I know some who companies who do just about everything on good faith, and others who won't move an inch without a signed clearly stated purchse order.

I think somewhere in between is where we all need to be, but if you feel like there may be something sketchy, get everything clearly written in detail and confirmed. 

In reality, no matter how hard we try, this kind of thing always seem to pop up, no matter how hard we try to avoid it.

Mike

Oh im getting paid june it was the other guy laying me who didnt say 2 tone
I just hate opening seams