Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 04:10:19 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

SeaRay material

Started by Highvelocity, April 23, 2012, 02:16:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Highvelocity

Searay is a smart company.  They seem to purchase the lot of material they need and then if you want to recreate something you have to pay their prices...  I made this cushion below for a friend and now I will be doing the rest of his boat because the pipe was a gold and white is going to be too new and different looking...gotta love it $$ 

Ed

Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

JuneC

I've never had an issue finding matching Sea Ray vinyl or canvas fabrics.  They have one of the most comprehensive websites for boat owners of any company out there.  If you have the make/model/year, the parts catalog for the boat will tell you vinyl and color(s).  For instance, for a 2001 280 Sundancer...

COCKPIT (SEATING & UPHOLSTERY)
1142959 VINYL, SEABROOK D SEA WHITE EXP FLAT
1142967 VINYL, SEABROOK D SEA WHITE 1/4"F/B
1142983 VINYL, SEABROOK D SEA WHITE EXP 4"D/H

There's usually more detail for the older boats than the newest ones.  If it's a 2010, you probably have to get the skins from a dealer - or do what you're doing and replace the whole lot. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

April 23, 2012, 08:59:17 pm #2 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:03:42 pm by Mike
June tha cool do tou have a link to that info please?
There was a time searay was making  anvas with a tween made for them not dubenette tweed  burgandy and black but a red and burgandy tweed and  ouldnt get it but from a dealor special order i sold a few jobs replacing all the canvas to match.
like the toast teeed thst was not on any sunbrella chart
They have been using i havnt seen a new sr latly after my local  dealot. Closed  ut after hurricane charly in 04 i was starting to have a hard time finding that gold fot the piping accents for a time havnt had a call for it laly i still a a yard hanging atound of gold.

JuneC

This is the main link for the parts manuals.
   http://www.searay.com/Page.aspx/pageId/10530/Parts-Manuals.aspx

After selecting the year and model, you need to download the PDF and look for the upholstery parts. 

BTW, Monterey has a very similar service online.  Their boats are described in excruciating detail.

June

W. C. Fields

DBR1957

Not upholstery but I just ran across a problem with Sea Ray canvas. It seems that
around 2008 they had another Sunbrella color made. It's called Marine Midnight.

Anyone else run into this yet? It seems there were two runs of the color and there
is a pronounced difference between the two.

Manart in NY has 95 yards of seconds left and only 1 roll of 3/4" binding.

JuneC

Haven't heard of that color.  Guess you'll need to just use Marine or Captain or replace all the canvas.  So silly when they do stuff like that.  I guess they're trying to lock in the replacements, but what it does is totally pi$$ off their boat buyers when a local canvas shop can't get it. 

June

W. C. Fields

Mike

i ran into th blue a couple years go when a buy wanted a camper back i couldnt match it

Highvelocity

I did a moring cover on a 2000 model Searay...And the Sunbrella was a called a "Searay green"  It was a solid color almost like a deep forest green.  It was not in my Subrella swatchs, so I knew it was special. 

I have to say though, after taking apart some of their skins, Searay does a nice job. 
Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

DBR1957

Quote from: Highvelocity on April 25, 2012, 06:15:48 am
I did a moring cover on a 2000 model Searay...And the Sunbrella was a called a "Searay green"  It was a solid color almost like a deep forest green.  It was not in my Subrella swatchs, so I knew it was special. 

I have to say though, after taking apart some of their skins, Searay does a nice job. 

HV - That would be called Hunter Green Tweed. We typically substitute Spruce
when we have to remake canvas originally done in that color. HGT is no longer
available. But that doesn't mean they won't do another run at some time. Same
thing happened with Persian Tweed. Discontinued but they will do a run
occassionally.

Mike

Coastguard (dickson) had a colld that matched the r
Pershan tweed i dlnt know if still?