Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 07:49:22 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

I never knew quilting was so complicated

Started by Grebo, April 26, 2012, 02:36:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

April 26, 2012, 02:36:35 am Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:53:12 am by Grebo
I come across this video while researching rotary cutters.
Boy can you get some toys tools for quilting  ???
If you can bear it long enough, don't know how I did   ::) you will probably here me screaming, GET ON WITH IT!
The clippy thing she use's for holding the material, well so happens I had a couple given to me years ago, which I have never had a use for, they actually work pretty good with canvas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaqO0Cs1Zw

Suzi

gene

April 26, 2012, 06:34:59 am #1 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:35:53 am by gene
Thanks for the video. I don't quilt but I love looking at unique toys tools.

I wonder if Gregg has these for my Juki LU 562?

You can imagine how much time these would save, and do a better job, if you did a lot of quilting borders.

A really neat place to find unique specialty tools is in piano building and piano repairing.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

DDandJ

I'm sure those quilting tools get pricey, too.  Funny how she never demonstrated actually sewing with her nifty product ;)

My quilting experience has been limited to channel and diamond quilting.  I may have to look into the clippy things.  Would it make binding any easier?  Or could I use them instead of pining everything together?

The video reminds me how much I hate the shopping channels.  Ha ha!