Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 09:25:59 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Whats on your MP3 player

Started by kodydog, April 07, 2012, 07:12:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppy

I've got most of the tunes already mentioned and more besides...

...some that haven't been mentioned-

Ween
Peter Tosh
Captain Beefheart
Weezer
Cake
Daft Punk
Frank Zappa
Grateful Dead
Oysterhead
Ween
and also I have a bunch of my brothers rap. Which I find does wonders for keeping customers from looking over my shoulder while working. E-40 is perfect for that.
I even have some opera on-
http://youtu.be/EGxhPw9iVN4
-or well opera remix...
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

rustyeod

Lots of Jimmy Buffett, Zepplin, Marley, Meatloaf, Eagles, Prince, Rod Stewrt, Diana King, Elton, ........ A few more.  Audio Books by Patrick Obrien (the Aubrey, Maturin series), Clive Cussler.

bobbin

A day late, a dollar short, but what the hell?

Huge fan of Pandora here.  It has changed my life, lol.  I loathe what commercial radio has become and listen to "FM" only when I have to (while workin' for the man".  The exception would be NPR. and yes! I am a very proud member. 

My Pandora stations include the following:
1.)  Kool & The Gang radio (yes, I like a lot of the "disco" and dance music for the '70s, '80s, etc.).  I am definitely diggin' a recent "discovery"... Mary J. Blige.  The Whispers, EWF, Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band (remember them?!), you get the picture.
2.)  Classic Soul.  Delfonics, Stylistics, Spinners, O' Jays, Temptations, Aretha Franklin, Shirley Brown, Etta James, etc..
3.)   Cole Porter radio.  Cole Porter compositions by a huge variety of artists.  Ella Fitzgerald, Michael Buble, Harry Connick, Jr., Frank Sinatra, Mel Torme, Doris Day, Dinah Washington, Dinah Shore, all the usual suspects.
4.)  Hippie music.  CSN, James Taylor, Carol King, Cat Stevens, Buffalo Springfield, Bloodstone, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell. 
5.)  Western Swing.  Asleep at the Wheel, Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, Reba McEntire, George Strait, Merle Haggard,  Lee Ann Womack, The Dixie Chicks
6.)  George Carlin radio.
7.)  Crusaders radio.  The Crusaders, Joe Sample, Bob James, Dave Grusin, Larry Carlton, George Benson, Wes. Montgomery, Earl Klugh, etc..

gene

April 16, 2012, 02:16:17 pm #18 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:17:34 pm by gene
If you have the time you may find this research article interesting:

http://dspace.nitle.org/bitstream/handle/10090/5777/08_Perkins.pdf?sequence=1

The basic synopsis is that there seems to be specific personality traits and dispositions that are correlated
with preference for a certain style of music. page 25

I found this especially interesting on page 37:
"In the present study heavy metal and religious music essentially form their own factors, implying that there is something uniquely appealing about these types of music."

Wow. Who would have thought that head bangers and holy rollers had anything in common?!?

Now if I can only figure out how to pour the piss out of my boot!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

No MP3 player, but I do listen to radio when I can.

1.  NPR (except Terri Gross  ;)  )
2. Local eclectic station that plays a lot of 1940's swing music, some pipe and drums (I turn this up loud and roll down the car windows, so I'm like Ride of the Valkyries), bluegrass, and about anything else you could imagine.
3. Classical
4. Golden Oldies of '60s '70s and '80s.   This is usually on at one of the warehouses I work at twice a week.   I think they have a catalog of about 100 songs because I hear the same ones over and over.

So, what's that say about me?
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

bobbin

I love classical music and my local NPR affiliate is nationally recognized for excellence in that dep't. so that's what I listen to when I'm too lazy to put in any of the myriad in our own CD collection. 

Lol, Ride of Valkyries with the car windows down... .  :)