Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 01:09:50 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Big blow in Texas

Started by kodydog, April 04, 2012, 07:05:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

April 04, 2012, 07:05:44 am Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:06:48 am by kodydog
Hay Sofadoc and all our other Texas friends. Lot's of nasty weather in your neck of the woods. How are you doing.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

It plowed right over Greenville, but didn't touch down. It did extensive damage as near as 20 miles away.
This area has always had a high probability for twisters. But this is the first time I've ever heard the term "Toronado Emergency" issued. I've heard "Toronado watch, warning, alert", but never "emergency", which I NOW understand is the twister equivalent of "Def-con 5".
We had some wind damage on our street, but nothing major.
The Dallas news channels are saying that Greenville was inexplicably spared.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

Glad you are ok.  I gueese you dont  get evacuation also.   Hard to believe its been 8 year sence i heard hiricane emergency.  Seems like not long sgo.
Knock wood

sofadoc

At least with a hurricane, you get plenty of advance notice. All you gotta do, is get outa town, come back tomorrow, and see if you still have a house.
Tornado's strike with little or no warning. You can flee if you want to, but you really don't know for sure which direction to go.
Man, you guys in Florida are SO LUCKY that you have hurricanes instead of tornados (sarcasm  ::))
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

The only one i have experienced eas chsrly and they said it was more like s big tornado that wipe out half the county a d kept going across  florida like gou say you  can see it comming  it may be worse  i have seen tornados / waterspouts here  her is one i saw while on my motorcycle a few years ago  rossi g a bridge here on the harbor
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/791089e2.jpg

byhammerandhand

The other thing about tornadoes is that it can touch down across the street and all you get is some mud splatter.   I've even seen houses where one half of the house is completely destroyed and the other half looks like nothing happened.  And I'm talking about 1200 sq.ft. cape cods, not mansions.

Quote from: sofadoc on April 04, 2012, 01:01:12 pm
At least with a hurricane, you get plenty of advance notice. All you gotta do, is get outa town, come back tomorrow, and see if you still have a house.
Tornado's strike with little or no warning. You can flee if you want to, but you really don't know for sure which direction to go.
Man, you guys in Florida are SO LUCKY that you have hurricanes instead of tornados (sarcasm  ::))
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

Hurricane Hugo terrorized the Virgin Islands before making a b-line for Charleston. We had three or four days to decide what to do. I kept saying, Its going to turn, they always do. The last day we evacuated to Columbia SC and Hugo followed us. And kept going up into Hickory NC. We have friends there who were without power longer than we were.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

JuneC

Happy to hear our Texas crew are all ok.  Impressive waterspout photo, Mike.  When I was a kid we had one dig a channel about 10 feet deeper than the bay (which was already about 15 feet deep). 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields