Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 30, 2024, 03:18:38 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Question about Engel Hot Knife cutting surface???

Started by hdflame, January 24, 2011, 08:16:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scarab29

I bought mine with the foot. Can't imagine using it without though I remove it at times for zips and webbing. Much easier to cut material with the foot on. I blanket mosst of the covers I do and makes it easy to trim after fitting and cutting through darts , seams and multiple layers without hitting the table. Like pep , I covered my cutting tables with masonite.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

hdflame

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on January 26, 2011, 06:59:37 am
100R Wide angle cut blade 30mm is $40 in stock, thanks for asking. 

Dang, wish I'd asked sooner and you could have shipped it with my order to save postage.  I'll order it later.  Thanks.
Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: hdflame on January 26, 2011, 10:38:41 am
Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on January 26, 2011, 06:59:37 am
100R Wide angle cut blade 30mm is $40 in stock, thanks for asking. 

Dang, wish I'd asked sooner and you could have shipped it with my order to save postage.  I'll order it later.  Thanks.

Wish I would have offered it sooner.  I don't have it on my web site yet.  I can soon I guess.

scottymc

rustyeod

I dont get on here as much as I used to but Sailrite sells the bulbs as well as the engle people but they have a minimum.

hdflame

Quote from: rustyeod on February 10, 2011, 06:40:32 am
I dont get on here as much as I used to but Sailrite sells the bulbs as well as the engle people but they have a minimum.

I found the bulbs at Sailrite after I had asked.  I just called Gregg to order the foot and I'll get the bulbs from him if he has them.  He was busy with customers when I called, I'll get him later.

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

Bob T

February 10, 2011, 10:03:19 am #21 Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:05:28 am by Bob T
Bulbs can be hard to find.  On page #2 of the Tools section of Sailrite.com they list the bulbs for $8.00 each!  That's about half of what one website wanted which was $15.95 ea. bulb.  Found them on Bulbs.com for $0.31 each.  See:

http://www.bulbs.com/espec.aspx?ID=10631&tab=tab_reviews#tab_reviews

hdflame

Quote from: Bob T on February 10, 2011, 10:03:19 am
Bulbs can be hard to find.  On page #2 of the Tools section of Sailrite.com they list the bulbs for $8.00 each!  That's about half of what one website wanted which was $15.95 ea. bulb.  Found them on Bulbs.com for $0.31 each.  See:

http://www.bulbs.com/espec.aspx?ID=10631&tab=tab_reviews#tab_reviews

Bob,

Thanks so much for that link!  Boy, what a difference in price.  I didn't check to see what shipping was on bulbs.com, but shipping for 2 bulbs on Sailrite would be just over $8!!  That means I would have over $20 for two little 0.31 cent bulbs!

I will definitely bookmark that website.  Think I'll go look around a little on it now! ;D  Thanks again, and once more this forum has helped me save money.

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: hdflame on February 10, 2011, 09:33:40 am

I found the bulbs at Sailrite after I had asked.  I just called Gregg to order the foot and I'll get the bulbs from him if he has them.  He was busy with customers when I called, I'll get him later.

Thanks for thinking of us.  I don't have them at $.31 for sure!

Gregg

hdflame

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on February 11, 2011, 08:21:47 am
Quote from: hdflame on February 10, 2011, 09:33:40 am

Gregg

Gregg,

If it helps, I still need the foot for mine, and I've referred 2 people from the local leatherworker guild to you for a sewing machine. ;D  I emailed one of the guys a link to my Highlead and told him to ask for you.

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

Bob T

February 11, 2011, 09:31:22 pm #25 Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:33:23 am by Bob T
Gregg, similar considerations here.  When it's time to replace my servo you're the very top of the list for me.  You earned it thru your pursuit of finding and providing the very best value to your customers.  Consider that you could get bulbs from bulbs.com and sell them here for 10 times what you pay for them and still be a hero.  At any rate, I'm thinking bulbs aren't your bread and butter items.

Mojo

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on February 11, 2011, 08:21:47 am

Gregg

Well buy a gross of them at 31 cents each and then resell them at 62 cents each. We all win then. You get a 100 % mark up and we get the bulbs cheaper. Now if we can get you to quit marking those machines up 1200 % we will be all set.............LOL.........:)

It is a simple solution. Sell cheap and make up for it with volume sales.

;D

Chris

Mike8560

Chris it seems that's what customers think also I should work cheap and make up for it in volume trouble os I only
work so fast and it's slowing down now. :)

Mojo

Everybody wants something for nothing these days. Must be the sign of the times. :)

And of course I had to take a jab at Greg. I was just looking at my calendar and realized I hadn't poked him yet this month. :)

Things are pretty much dead here Mike. It is the worst winter I have had since I started in this crazy business. I am hoping the RV Rally I am doing in April will catch me up on sales. If not then there is always next winter. :)

Chris

hdflame

I never did order these bulbs last year.  Somehow I ran across this post and decided to order them.

$1.86 for 6 bulbs plus $5 flat rate shipping FEDEX.  That's cheaper than I could buy 1 from Sailrite, and that doesn't include the shipping!  Heck, I couldn't hardly drive my truck to town that cheap.

I figured since it was going to cost $5 for shipping, I just ordered 4 extras, just in case.  Knowing me, I'll lose them before I need them!

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special