Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 06:01:24 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Help ! Window trouble.

Started by Grebo, March 14, 2012, 02:46:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

March 14, 2012, 02:46:53 am Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:07:10 am by Grebo
 :o  I just unrolled a stack of Crystal clear 20/20 40Mil. And all the sheets are covered in a 'speckling'
These have been stored for a time stood upright in the tubes they where delivered in & wrapped in the same paper they arrived with.
I know they where all ok when they arrived it's something thats happened during storage.
There is no colour to the marks, in fact it looks just like over spray. ( which it isn't)
I have emailed my supplier, but any ideas if it's still usable ?

Oh and has any one heard of Ultra Glass, on a roll ?

Suzi

Mike

March 14, 2012, 05:36:03 am #1 Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:39:22 am by Mike
I recieved some on e like that I don't remember who the supplier was. It I was told it was old and sitting in the warehouse  too long. I would t order and store it myself. I ended up having it replaced.  
Not what you want to hear sizing. It I would put it on like that I don't know if it will go away

Grebo

Bum  :( 
I have had it a while, but I thought it would be OK sat in the tubes.  :'(
I didn't know it had a shelf life.

Thanks Mike.

Suzi

Can-Vas

Did you t ry a heat gun to it - you never know.  Seems to work for lots of little problems with strataglass...
I'd rather be sailing..  - but if ya gotta work it's nice to be around boats!

DBR1957

I've seen the same thing. Could have been a chemical reaction with the paper.
A lot of consideration goes into selecting the correct paper for inter-leaving.
Perhaps a long term storage study wasn't done.

Mike

I forgot where i. Ought mine the the dealor took t back looked like somthin airborn had fot on it little dimples. Did you ever  figure  it out suzi

Grebo

Quote from: DBR1957 on March 31, 2012, 09:20:51 am
I've seen the same thing. Could have been a chemical reaction with the paper.
A lot of consideration goes into selecting the correct paper for inter-leaving.
Perhaps a long term storage study wasn't done.

Yes I am thinking the same thing about the paper.

No Mike no solution,  my immediate supplier claims it just wipes off  ??? yeh like I didn't try that  ::)
I tried cleaning it with, straight clean water, then soapy water then tried a polish, that gave the best results but the dimples where still there, I haven't tried the heat gun. To be honest I have  been to busy to mess about with it any more. I might give that a go some other time though.
But for now, I will just have to put it down to experience & use it for reinforcing.

Suzi