Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 12:10:02 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Start Charging What You're Worth!

Started by TheHogRing, March 27, 2012, 11:57:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

April 01, 2012, 08:10:10 am #30 Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 08:15:24 am by gene

Maybe I'm being simple minded, but I have found that most of my challenges in business (or life) have had more to do with me and my idea or belief of what I'm worth or what I can do or should try way more then will it work or my customers. In other words, I've learned, for me, that the more I work though my own self limitations, the better my life, business and general happiness becomes. As they say the Gods will reward honest hard work.

I still don't know how to get the light blue quote thing working?!?

OneBoneHead: I recently heard this:

There is a door that you want to enter, but you cannot. An elf is standing by the door and is preventing you from going through. The elf does this by saying only two things. The first thing the elf says is "You are not good enough." If you are able to think yourself through this statement and dismiss it, then the elf will certainly stop you with it's next statement, "Who do you think you are?"

Just a thought for anyone to think about, if anyone chooses to think about it.

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Rich

April 01, 2012, 09:26:42 am #31 Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:32:21 am by Rich
QuoteThere is a door that you want to enter, but you cannot. An elf is standing by the door and is preventing you from going through. The elf does this by saying only two things. The first thing the elf says is "You are not good enough." If you are able to think yourself through this statement and dismiss it, then the elf will certainly stop you with it's next statement, "Who do you think you are?"

Here's how I do the quote;
1-COPY the text
2-Hit reply
3-Click on the second to the last icon in the bottom row of BBC tags (looks like a cartoon bubble)
4-Place cursor between the two QUOTES in the brackets.
5-Right click PASTE

I use RO 8:28 as my guide.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on April 01, 2012, 08:10:10 am
I still don't know how to get the light blue quote thing working?!?
You mean like this?

I click on "Insert quote" in the upper right corner of the person's dialog box that you want to quote from. Then I go back and delete all but the exact quote that I want to cite. But be carefull not to delete the quote brackets at the beginning and end of the selected quote.

Back to attention grabbing, "Plain English" titles, I want to clarify my stance. I have NO problem with them as long as the article has some substance.
Example: 2 GREAT WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT
1) Several paragraphs that basically tell you to diet
2) "          "                 "      "           "     "    "  exercise

I could've figured those out on my own.

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PLUMBER
1) Ask for references
2) Call the BBB
3) Shop around

Well......DUH!!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Rich

QuoteHOW TO PICK THE BEST PLUMBER
1) Ask for references
2) Call the BBB
3) Shop around

Well......DUH!!

Couldn't get it work your way, but I like it better since it includes the name of the person your quoting.

How about the guy who placed ads for a pamphlet entitled  "How to make millions overnight"
The pamphlet was short and to the point; Do what I'm doing! :D

Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

sofadoc

Quote from: Rich on April 01, 2012, 02:35:05 pm
Couldn't get it work your way, but I like it better since it includes the name of the person your quoting.
I'm not sure why it isn't working for you guys.
Go to the Topic Summary just below your reply message box. Pick the post that you want to quote from, and click on "Insert quote" in the upper right corner. The entirety of the post will now appear in your reply box. Just go in and delete what you don't want, but leave the quote brackets at the beginning and end.

Does that make any better sense?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Rich

Still baffled.
Maybe it's the browser you're using?
Rich