Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 01:20:03 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Let's tip our hats to an auto upholstery veteran

Started by TheHogRing, February 21, 2012, 11:04:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

After suffering a stroke in August that left him unable to live on his own or drive, Childress has decided to close his 30-year-old shop and move to Shelby to partner with his son, Sandy, in opening Kustom Auto Trim & Tops.

Read Gary's story: http://tinyurl.com/7erqtc9

Qwerty27807

This is the tragedy of one-man shops.

Decades of work crash and burn if the founder is unable to work, leaving no residual (or very low) value.

Vtool

Reidsville is where my better half is right now. her father has a farm there. hate to see his buisiness close. would have loved to have spoke with him. with his reputation, I would have enjoyed to have seen his work. Vtool

Mike

fortunatly for me my brother is my partner, after my stoke my son came to help and talked of learning the buisness but he just didnt want to take the time to learn. 

kodydog

Mike its funny how people think they can learn the trade in just six months.

It took me two years to learn all the different styles when working in a factory. And that didn't include spring-up, sewing or cutting and stuffing foam. And no way did I learn how to run a business.

Its funny how people think this is a good trade for high school dropouts to get into. I have a fellow who helps me around the shop doing odd jobs. Dropped out after the 9th grade. I would love to train him to do the work but I don't have time to teach him all the things he should have learned in high school.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html