Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 12:33:40 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What's your process?

Started by lruthb, February 16, 2012, 06:21:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lruthb

I'm a little more than just frustrated. My attacted pillow back sofa has loose dacron in it. This sofa's fabric is pretty thin, although it's rated for heavy use. I'm not quite sold on that. Anyway, I sew dacron batting to the the back then tease and stuff the loose, adding whenever is necessary. It's always worked for me before. Not this time. I'm about ready to call the customer and have her come over take a look and convince her to put soft foam into it. That will be a feat because the zip opening is all of 8 inches. I guess the vacuum stuff might work. I'm not going to pop for the cost of new foam. This is defiantly the challenge of the week. Another way to look at it is at least I didn't finish the sofa then see how lumpy they were. That's my only bright side so far.
Is there any help for me? ( in more ways than one! )

fragged8

i'm answering even though I don't do furniture.

It sounds like the cushions were stuffed with air blown dacron, like you would stuff
a teddy bear ?
If they were you would have a hard time doing the same without a machine to blow
the filling, so only really a couple of options.

Like you say, call the customer and ask them to take it away
or fight on, you can get big foam through a small gap by covering the
foam in silk wrap and sucking the air out with a vacuum. Insert the
shrunken foam and turn off the vacuum when it inside the cover.

Rich