Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 11:14:27 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Top 10 DIY Duct Tape Repair Disasters

Started by TheHogRing, February 06, 2012, 08:42:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

Though duct tape can fix a lot of things, upholstery is not one of them. But that doesn't stop people from trying.

We scoured the internet high and low to find the worst duct tape DIY repairs. Yeah they're sad and pathetic, but they're funny too!

The photos will blow your mind: http://tinyurl.com/7s8ymdt

Also, please remember that we're giving away a Roadwire seat heater kit to the person who leaves the best comment this week.

Mike

one day in january 2001 i had traded in my polaris xlt for a new 8-- kc i was out riding in the moirnin and when i returned from the trail i came down off the mountian to the frozen lake to see a  pair of sleds it happened to be my old trade in had decided to drag race on the ice runway for plane that was plowed on the bay half down the strip he dcided to stop trouble was a plabne was comming in behind them for a landing and continued on when he saw them figgiuring they would be long gone before he touched down ,( but they decided to stop rember ?)
and he was right on top of them and he swerved to the right and hit his wingtip on the snowbank.  so before he could take off a man from the nearby real airport had to come over to inspect the cracked and busted fiberglass wing tip and what did he use but duck tape to put i back in place  i think his name was Red Green

mike802

I remember the first year I started out in this business.  Someone came into my shop and told me there was a customer who wanted to talk about having her car seat repaired.  I was all excited and went out to talk to her and she wanted to know if I had any of that special tape to fix the rip in her car seat.  :(
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

TheHogRing

HAHA - great comments! Though they need to be placed on our website to count  :P

And Mike802, how much do you charge for that "special tape"?

mike802

QuoteAnd Mike802, how much do you charge for that "special tape"?

I told her I was not that kind of shop and proceeded to educate her on how a proper repair should be made.  Needless to say it was like talking to the wall.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

gene

When my son was a baby, my wife handed me a roll of duct tape and said she was going shopping. I needed to change the baby's diaper.

I hadn't really thought about it but I always seemed to not get the sticky tabs on the diapers tight enough and when I would pull them off to adjust them it would tear the diaper, so I would put a piece of duct tape on it so I wouldn't be wasting the diaper.

I must have been using duct tape on a fairly regular basis.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

bobbin

Great concept, Gene.  did you ever try duct taping the diaper to the kid's legs to prevent leaking?

(this thread cracked me up)