Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 09:24:16 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Whats a good inexpensive fabric for marine?

Started by MinUph, January 29, 2012, 05:16:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

As I posted a few days ago the rear sundeck is done for our pontoon boat. I need to find an inexpensive fabric for covers to keep the sun damage down. The rest of the Upholstery on the boat has covers made out of a very thin vinyl. A little stretchy which is good but I don't have anything in my books like it. I do remember it from years ago. It's the fuzzy back stuff used in boats for years. Very soft. I don't care if this is what I use anyway. I have worked with Sunbrella Surlast and like its weight but not the backing. Any ideas? I want to keep at 5-6 bucks a yard if I can.
BTW I finally put all the canvas on the boat today. WOW what a difference. Fully enclosed with windows and screens. Might get out a month earlier and still be warm  ;D
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

i got that fuzzy pbacked stuff from a dealor nrighbor i had up north they used it a travel pacing cheap stuff it what i alway see cracjed in a seat with good vunyl on the rest of the seat. i dont have any sources for it as miami and most have better vinyl   id rather have a breathable canvas , ive seen to mant seats with mold fro havig the binyl covers, i d go acrylis lik esunbrella  outdra or  recacril, but surlast is nice a it cheaper and ligter . miami has a few simmilar canvases also but the names escape  me at the moment

JuneC

January 29, 2012, 06:19:01 pm #2 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:22:30 pm by JuneC
Personally, for budget covers, I'd go look at Miami Corp's closeouts to see what they have.  Some of their discontinued fabrics will probably be a REALLY good price for decent performance.  Don't know anything about this stuff, but for the price I'd be tempted to give it a try...

http://www.miamicorp.com/default.aspx?page=item+detail&itemcode=G3067

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

nice deal When do you get the time to find all this June?