Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 08:17:31 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

hot knife blade

Started by Mike, January 19, 2012, 03:37:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

who has the best deal on a engle hotknife blade i have to replace one and 45s the best price i see

Mojo

That is pretty much the standard price. I bought my Engle and the blade through Sailrite. I wanted to buy the package from Greg, but he didn't offer a package on the Engle. Rochford does but since I have been boycotting them I called Sailrite and they put the package together and then matched Rochfords price.

I know Greg carries the Engle blade replacement. I just checked his site and his price is the lowest on the internet at this time. $ 38.00 My advice would be to go with Greg. After all he is a sponsor of the site and we need to support our sponsors. ( Good job on this price Greg ). :)

Note to Greg: You may want to consider putting together a package like Rochford has. Then the next guy who was like me ( in the market for a heat gun ) can buy it all at once at a discounted price versus piece meal. :)

Chris

Mike

ya when i bought my knifes i got a total package  id want a knife with a blade sold to me and a spare blade as a option. so far ive gone though 3 blades.

Mojo

My package included the blade and the foot. Funny thing about that foot. Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't. I have gotten good at cutting free hand without the foot but on days where I am not steady I throw it on. There seems to be a correlation between my taking Loritabs on certain days
and me being steady....................lol. The good days are when I am doped up on Loritabs.  ;D

3 blades ? Damn Mike. You must be cutting a lot of fabric. What time span are we talking for those 3 blades ?

Chris

Mike

Mojo I found at first cutting all my canvas with the knife was slow and I didn't like theblittle burrs it left on the inside. Of a cover so I've found it slot faster to use shears and then I'll bind thebraw edges on the inside  uses more binding but it's saves time.  And Imo looms much nicer inside seeing a binder topstitched seat rather then a raw cut edge seam topstitched.  So I only use it the knives for intricate cuts and melting zippers and such.  So I do t use many in my knife  I need to buy a new k IDE also I had one wear out and one more is getting there.