Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 06:22:54 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Mr & Mrs Kodydog

Started by Mojo, January 04, 2012, 08:44:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

My wife was on Christmas break and I wanted a mini vacation so we decided to take the bus and hit the road. After reading about Ed ( Kodydog ) having a booth at an Antique show in St. Augustine we decided to head up there for a few days. It is one of  our favorite cities to visit and I love driving down the beach and letting the dogs frolic in the ocean.

We attended the antique show and met up with Ed and his wife. Let me say that these are two genuine and awesome people. We really enjoyed meeting them and have plans on dinner in the near future when they come to our area to see Ed's Mom. Thanks guys for taking the time to hook up with us. It is always refreshing to meet great people.

On another note, I thought of Bobbin while at the antique show. No not because I think she is old
( well maybe ....kinda...) but Ed and I seen an old mechanical device from the 1800's that was used for pleating fabric. We had to have the lady at the booth explain to us how it worked. But I could envision this pleater sitting on Bobbins shelf. We would have bought it for you Bobbin but considering we are both poor upholsterers neither of us could afford it. Sorry.  ;D

We plan on heading down to Mikes someday and also over to see June in our future travels. I would love meeting up with them both for dinner sometime. It is always fun to meet people from this forum.   

Chris

P.S. Kody's work is just what I thought it would be.........exceptional. He is a true master.

bobbin

Wow, how cool is that?  I have met several "virtual friends" over the years and to a one they've been the nicest people and I now count them as good friends. 

How did the show go for you, Kody.? 

Mojo

It was nice being able to talk with a member who has a different name other then " Mike ".  ;D

I talked to Miami Mike today. That conversation cost me some serious money
( 2 full rolls of Satler ). Then I talked to Mike A on the phone this evening and that was a great conversation. I guess I need to call Big Mike to complete the Mike rounds. :)

I have talked to several members on the phone but Ed was the first I have met. Of course Big Mike is a favorite of mine to call as  I love harassing him over getting off his ass and finishing the interior on my 75 ft Hatteras. :)

I know I have said this before but it is worth repeating........ This forum is filled with awesome people.  :)

Chris

kodydog

Quote from: bobbin on January 04, 2012, 02:17:09 pm

How did the show go for you, Kody.? 

Full report coming up as soon as I download a few pictures.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

IT will copst ypou big nopw chris on you minute now  calling me  ;D
say if you ever make it down theresa plenty of parking for the coach.
wait till its warm though. 8)

JuneC

Come on down!  Bring your sewing machine(s) and stay a week or three.  I could use the help  ;D 

The antique show sounds like it was fun.  Hope it was successful, Kody. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields