Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 04:19:57 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

sea ray "T" top

Started by RandyOnR3, December 23, 2011, 10:35:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyOnR3

Got an older Sea Ray with a T - Top.. the boat is about 40 foot.. customer wants a new top and inclosure..
   His complaint on the origional.. the T-Top had a sag in the top and eventually drip water over the guage pannel..
   I'm thinking of adding 3 battons along the top on each side and load the battons to give the T-Top a little upward bow..
   Any other Ideas..?

Mike

December 23, 2011, 12:45:27 pm #1 Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:47:15 pm by Mike
Normaly most t top have enough bow side to side to shed water as long as the can as is tight.
Perhaps his old lacing was loose if it was sunbrella it may have needed  new waterproofing.  
Maybe a mode waterproof materia
would be a better choose for him like  weblon of stamoid.
Or if the look of acrylic I's a must sea
arks vinyl coating is waterproof.  I think recscril also has a lined fabric also.

CreativeCanvas

December 23, 2011, 01:23:31 pm #2 Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:33:30 pm by CreativeCanvas
Quote from: Mike on December 23, 2011, 12:45:27 pmNormaly most t top have enough bow side to side to shed water as long as the can as is tight
Ya I've never seen one that was laced right bag water. Have seen water run straight through Sunbrella tops that weren't maintained/waterproofed. Which is why I'm a big fan of Sunbrella Plus for t-tops. But ya can sew em outa anything.  Coincidently I've made tops out of Stamoid, Weblon, Recacril, etc. Per customers request.

I wouldn't put battens in it, don't think it'd look right? Imo.  

edit: Guess it could be a defect in the top frame. If that's the case yer gonna need an aluminum welder ...