Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 04:20:23 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Ladies Bags Made From Upholstery Fabrics.....take a look

Started by Steve at Silverstone Fabrics, December 20, 2011, 01:57:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve at Silverstone Fabrics

I was motivated to write this by another person's post about ladies bags made from auto upholstery.

As many of you know I sell upholstery and leather on eBay and I had the good fortune of doing business with the owners of the following company.

Several of their bags feature  polyurethane and other high end upholstery fabrics.

If you want to see unique ladies bags and purses.......take a look: http://www.carriecordelia.com/home.php?action=scc_links

bobbin

Nothing I'd carry (too big), but I see those basic shapes all over the place so the line will probably do well. 

JuneC

Nice bags!  Love the hobo.  But they need to have a LOT more pics of the bags if the Internet is to be a sales tool.  What, exactly, is "designer quality lining"?  Also, a description of an interior zip pocket - where's the pic?  You get my drift.  I'd also be suspect of the way the handle is attached.  Most hobo's have the fabric folded over a metal ring and sewn or riveted to the body.  Fully loaded, my handbag weighs something like 5 or 6 pounds.  I'd be afraid of that cap pulling off.

For instance, look at this eBay ad for a Betsey Johnson handbag in the same price range.  Half the price of this bag is the bragging rights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-BETSEY-JOHNSON-BOWS-AND-ARROWS-BLACK-LEATHER-STUD-HOBO-BAG-PURSE-TOTE-268-/140662397885

If I'm going to pay over $200 for a bag, I want to see details of the stitching, hardware, etc.  These bags are probably far superior to anything produced for a designer in Taiwan, but you really have to explain why that's true.  The difference between this set of bags and the car upholstery ones, IMHO, is that these lack the "cachet" of old Ford seat fabric and rarity.  That Camaro bag is not one you're going to see in the mall anytime soon.  Maybe Mojo could add to this since he's the marketing expert on board.  He could tell you, probably better than I can, why I'd buy one and not the other.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Alonso

Unique styles added new life into your personality.I never see this site before for ladies bags...contains nice collections...I sure will must be visited there in future....