Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 03:19:11 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

OT. Chasing American ebook vendor for refund through courts etc

Started by ajlelectronics, December 14, 2011, 08:34:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ajlelectronics

December 14, 2011, 08:34:51 am Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:37:35 am by ajlelectronics
I bought an ebook which claims to offer a full refund withing 60 days if required. This is an unconditional guarantee. I paid by Paypal but 45 days have gone by so they are uninterested. I have emailed the vendor many times with no response whatever. As I am in the UK, is there anything I can do to get his attention? The value is $40.

Radomir Samardzic
3130 Ivy Street
Los Angeles, CA 90034

Call: (310) 836-1491

Eric

You say ebook, if virtual paypal will not help. I know, as am going through this right now on website advertising. If tangible they will help up to 60 days. If you used a credit card-not debit, you can dispute with them, the credit card company I mean.
Eric

JuneC

You could always try "trial by Internet" and threaten to post your case in www.ripoffreport.com or turn the company into the BBB (Better Business Bureau - a US "watchdog" agency that attempts to settle disputes between vendors and their customers).  The BBB has a long-standing reputation in the US and many check the BBB before buying from a company - more for high-value goods.  Don't know if the $40 dispute would ever get registered. 

If it's a case where many customers are bilked for small dollar amounts, the Federal Trade Commission monitors complaints. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

ajlelectronics

I sent a final warning email mentioning BBB and got a refund in two hours! Many thanks for your suggestions. It is a small victory in a sea of sadness, but there we are.

Eric

Just an update. Do not use Paypal. I charged for advertising on a website. I changed my opinion on the website, 12 hours later ask owner of website, scott ehricke to refund my money. He did not. Asked paypal for dispute resolution, they will not back me up because its virtual, so no refund. Since then paypal notified me that he was refunding my money, advertising was not provided. He proceeded to supply them with a false bank account number, so they pulled my refund. Now disputing with credit card company. I would not use paypal. Also don't advertise with scott ehricke winnebago fishing.
Eric