Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 04:15:02 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

La-Z-Boy repairs

Started by Chill, December 23, 2011, 06:40:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chill

We had four La-Z-Boy recliners in for repair in the last 2 weeks. Customers complain that the knee piece is loose, or wrinkled. LZB has changed their way of upholstering them. Everything used to staple to the footrest now it doesn't and some of the consumers don't like it. We changed to a firmer foam and added a stretcher to the Knee/footrest seam and pulled the stretcher around the foot board and stapled it on.
Has anyone else had to deal with this? How are you fixing it?

sofadoc

I've had problems with the foam in the knee panel "balling up", because it isn't sewn into the seam of the seat panel. It's just loose in it's own compartment. I haven't run into any of the newer ones that aren't stapled to the footrest. Some are zippered on the underneath side, some aren't.
I either unzip, or cut a slit, and spray a little glue in to hold the foam in place.
But your problem sounds a little different.
Sounds like you're doing all you can do. Are the customers happy with your fix?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Chill

We also put in a couple elastic straps under the knee. They used to have that so the knee piece didn't fold backward.

kodydog

Thanks for the heads up Chill. Haven't run into this problem yet but I'm sure I will.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

Hasn't shown up here yet ; but It will. Thanks for the heads up.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!