Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 03:23:52 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Decorative upholstery nails (nail head) - Manufacturers

Started by cparks, December 13, 2011, 09:49:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cparks

I'm having a problem locating a specific nail that was manufactured by Turner & Seymour.  I was told that they went out of business 3 months ago that now there is only one manufacturer in the United States... Unfortunately they don't manufacture the style nails that I need.  They have something similar, but it is not close enough..... I'm looking for gold nail with a high gloss finish (similar to a chrome, but gold).  They used to be called, "gilt".  A lot of distributors have them listed, but the actual nails that they have are gold with a dull finish.... different than the sample.....

My question is - is there really only one manufacture or upholstery nails? 

Thanks.

kodydog

There are many distributors but as far as manufactures? Boy you got me. I have two brands under my bench. Osborne and Massasoit. I doubt either of those actually make the product. I think your going to have to keep calling around till you find what you want.

Why only this one type? Did the customer request it? Are you doing a repair and have to match? 

Good luck.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

ibstitchen

December 13, 2011, 04:57:16 pm #3 Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:11:19 pm by ibstitchen
Van Dykes sells a high gloss gold nail.  Do you have a pic. of one?

http://www.vandykes.com/button-nails/p/203931/

cparks

Thank you for the responses.

I really need that specific style because recently we made several pieces of furniture for a showroom.  The furniture went over well and we are now starting to receive orders, based on the sample pieces..... We used 13,000 nails when upholstering the samples.

I have a feeling that the designer is going to flip out when I have to tell her that we can not duplicate the samples that we provided.

- Chris