Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 03:24:13 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Anyone need a new hook for their 111W class machine?

Started by JuneC, December 04, 2011, 07:12:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

I got a super deal off eBay for a small hook for my old 111W and the seller has 2 more he's trying to unload for an amazing price.  Also has some nylon thread.  If anyone's in the market, let me know and I'll hook you up to do your own negotiations. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

I had to go back and read your post twice June. I thought it said " anyone need a new hooker ". :)

I thought maybe you got sick of this business and became a pimp. Too bad, Mike and I would have been your first customers if the women were classy. :)

Oh well. Back to stitching. :)  BTW, they do have a lot of bits and pieces for our machines on E-bay don't they. Some with free shipping.

Chris

JuneC

Ha! Chris.  ;D  There's probably more money in that, but no.  This guy is just apparently cleaning out his grandfather's workshop in S. Carolina and has some odds and ends to get rid of. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

There is more money in picking up pop and beer cans then in our business. :)

I was thinking it was one of the vendors on ebay that several of us use ( Sharp Sewing and Am Industrial). I didn't know it was a private individual.

I bought all of my feet, spare bobbin cases, etc. from AM Industrial. Then one day while talking to Bob Kovar I find out that his prices are nearly identical. I will buy from Bob the next time and he stocks the feet I like - the high quality chrome ones ). :)

There are alot of parts that Bob and Greg carry that are nearly as cheap as the EBay sellers but then they also have some things that they cannot compete on with price. I will now call Bob and check his prices before buying on E-Bay. I just found it so much easier using E-Bay and Paypal. But I do want to support the people who support me ( and this site ).

Chris