Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 12:21:46 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Help?

Started by gene, December 03, 2011, 04:57:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

December 03, 2011, 04:57:27 pm Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:59:19 pm by gene
I can start a new topic such as this one, but I cannot reply to existing topics. That screen pops up that says I have posted within the last 60 seconds. Please try again.

I wanted to reply to "Fresh thread" by saying that mojo has mentioned that he used to sew cadavers for a funeral home and maybe the word "Fresh" was a misspelling?

I have nothing else of any significance to post, but it would be nice to post insignificance from time to time. At least nice for me.

I have that rare gift in that I can tell you a joke for the 24th time, and I find it just as funny as when I told you the first time.

Is God messing with me because of the obtuse posts I had regarding Sofadoc's religious customer?

Hey sofadoc, would you call that lady and ask her to pray for my computer?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SHHR

Mine does that from time to time as well. Sometimes I can log out and back in and it's cured, other times I figure it's the computer's way of saying quit playing online and get back to work.
Kyle

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on December 03, 2011, 04:57:27 pm
Hey sofadoc, would you call that lady and ask her to pray for my computer?

Since her prayers for stretching 11 yards into 14 have thus far gone unanswered, I'm not sure that she's the one you want praying for you.

I've heard others complain about that 60 second thing before. Not sure what the malfunction is. The only problem that I ever have here is the jumpy dialog box.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

You can often cure odd problems like this by "clearing your browser's cache."    If that does not work, re-boot your computer.

These are often the first two things that "tech support" will tell you.   Standard answers #1 and #2.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

I tried logging in and out, and cleaning my browsers cache, and no go. I hadn't thought of rebooting but I may try that the next time.

I did use Kyle's suggested and went away for awhile. It's working OK today.

gene

bobbin

I have a horrible time with the bouncing dialogue box after I type (what seems to be) a certain amount of lines.  Interestingly, it only seems to happen when I'm using my laptop.  It's frustrating for me and I don't really understand why it happens.  Aside from Sofa., no one else has mentioned it.  Are we the only ones who have to deal with it?

Computer stuff is really hard for me, in general.  I'm not stupid, but I don't understand where to look for a solution and frequently find myself "chasing my tail" when it comes to solving something that is really pretty basic.  I toil ever on...  ::)

gene

I do not imbibe in the alcoholic brew myself, but I have heard others talk about various things that begin to 'bounce around' after a certain amount of ingestion.

Just a thought.

gene

kodydog

Quote from: bobbin on December 04, 2011, 06:28:52 am
I have a horrible time with the bouncing dialogue box after I type (what seems to be) a certain amount of lines.  Interestingly, it only seems to happen when I'm using my laptop.  It's frustrating for me and I don't really understand why it happens.  Aside from Sofa., no one else has mentioned it.  Are we the only ones who have to deal with it?

I had that problem once while camping. The campground had free WiFi for my laptop. I think I had a week signal because streaming movies was sporadic. That's the only time its happened. At home I'm only about 15' away from my router with no issues.

Sofadoc, do you use a laptop?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: bobbin on December 04, 2011, 06:28:52 am

I have the problem on my laptop, and desktop computers. I've heard a few others complain about it before. The only way that I've figured out to combat it, is to type my SECOND paragraph FIRST, and then go above it and type my first paragraph. As long as you're typing in the upper portion of the dialog box, it doesn't happen. 
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

Another idea might be to type it, cut it and move it to the bottom of the page.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

JuneC

I've never seen the bouncing dialog box, and I'm on a laptop with wifi in the house.  I wonder if it's browser related?

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

bobbin

I use Firefox on my desktop computer.  And IE on this laptop.  In general, I prefer Firefox for the ease of pop-up blockers, and may decide to switch this computer over to Firefox, too. 

I don't know enough about computers to understand how one server can differ from another, but apparently they do.