Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 12:16:03 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

DIY Pfaff repair

Started by fingers, November 26, 2011, 05:36:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fingers

Any average Joe ever have occasion to repair the bobbin winder on the front of a Pfaff 1245?

fingers

Curiosity got the better of me so I poked around some. Pulled out the winder assembly and everything looked OK. Then I remembered a piece of a plastic gear I found many years ago. Anybody know if it's a tricky thing to reinstall that plastic gear? I'm assuming it is fixed to the back end of that winder assembly?

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Do you mean the rubber o ring?

fingers

November 27, 2011, 03:37:10 am #3 Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 04:34:34 am by fingers
Is that really all it would take to make it go?
              LATER THAT MORNING......
So....I was able to find a schematic (?) of the winder assembly. Specific to wearable parts. I see what looks like what you are describing.
As simple as replacing that O-ring?
What about the beveled gears that live inside the head?
It would be fantastic to have that front winder working again.
mod 1245 706/48  (6/01)  ser# 594185

with anticipation, Bern

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

November 28, 2011, 07:12:36 am #4 Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:13:33 am by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Quote from: fingers on November 27, 2011, 03:37:10 am
Is that really all it would take to make it go?
             LATER THAT MORNING......
So....I was able to find a schematic (?) of the winder assembly. Specific to wearable parts. I see what looks like what you are describing.
As simple as replacing that O-ring?
What about the beveled gears that live inside the head?
It would be fantastic to have that front winder working again.
mod 1245 706/48  (6/01)  ser# 594185

with anticipation, Bern

Email sent!

anything sews

I also have a winder problem. Dont have one.plastic gear busted. took winder out to fix when i got new gear. havent seen it since. use winder on another machine so gregg if thats somthing u would have for a phaff 1245 let me know. brand new to this site. thanks

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: anything sews on November 29, 2011, 03:11:52 pm
I also have a winder problem. Dont have one.plastic gear busted. took winder out to fix when i got new gear. havent seen it since. use winder on another machine so gregg if thats somthing u would have for a phaff 1245 let me know. brand new to this site. thanks

Email sent!