Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 08, 2024, 04:39:09 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Ribbit Ribbit

Started by PDQ, November 17, 2011, 02:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PDQ

Don't see many RIB covers posted on the forums, so here's one I finished yesterday.

Held on with RIB hooks & bungee hidden under a 3.5" reinforced flange for UV protection and neatness. A anti-Peppy RIB whereby the console is off-centre, therefore impossible to half template.  ;D  Just kidding, mate. :)

fragged8

hey Dude.

looks pretty clean with the bungee hidden. I actually like seeing the
lacing, I like the zigzag pattern it makes.
The UV messes it up though.

Rich

PDQ

Quote from: fragged8 on November 17, 2011, 02:39:31 pm
hey Dude.

looks pretty clean with the bungee hidden. I actually like seeing the
lacing, I like the zigzag pattern it makes.
The UV messes it up though.

Rich

Aye, shame that.

Peppy

Very nice! Neat indeed!

Quote from: PDQ on November 17, 2011, 02:36:01 pm
A anti-Peppy RIB whereby the console is off-centre, therefore impossible to half template.

Thats okay, I'm anti-RIB. Anytime I make a cover for them they end up all loose and wrinkly. They start out looking good but each snap I put in makes it look worse. :(
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

PDQ

Quote from: Peppy on November 17, 2011, 04:01:00 pm
Very nice! Neat indeed!

Thats okay, I'm anti-RIB. Anytime I make a cover for them they end up all loose and wrinkly. They start out looking good but each snap I put in makes it look worse. :(

Cheers!

Yep, it's right downer when that happens.

R.A.F. CaNvAs

Ribbit-jibbit
  Ooo yeah nice use of flange, I hope that was weathermax
  Well silly me you wouldn't use anything BUT these days eh !  :-*
   If i ever get down to your neck of the forest You'll have to show me
     how you get them looking so good . Is it a lot of stretching or
      is it just Photoshop !   ::)

JuneC

Wow, that's a beautiful fit, PDQ.  People have no idea how hard it is to cover a beach ball till they've tried it once.  Did you use blue heat shrink?  ;)  You need to stick those photos in the "Green Room" for posterity and safe keeping.  Very nice work, indeed!

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

Nice job! I've only done  4 and one was mine.  Only one. Was a rib. Mine hung on davit horizontal behind the boat that was a job patterning it in place. Cool boat behind it also are you in the uk?

Speaking of peppy half pattern I did a  pontoon once on a boat lift it had a window on one side.   I half patterned the high window side and installed a suppert pole on thbenon window side. Looked fine.  And saved me  patterning it on a lift.

Hell Bat

Looks great,I'm going to have to do a cover for a hot rod roadster soon with out a top,so looking for ideas