Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 08, 2024, 08:28:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

We don't just sew, ya know!

Started by sofadoc, November 06, 2011, 06:48:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

When I logged on the other day, the first topics that I saw were :
No power lines in Europe
How do they make light beer?
Tips on a traditional Beef Wellington

My first thought was "Man, the spammers are hittin' us hard today"
But they turned out to be interesting topics from some of the regular members.

That's what is so great about this board. Not only do we share our trade techniques, but our likes, dislikes, and general lifestyles as well.
Before joining this board, every upholsterer that I knew either learned the trade in the family business (like me), OR they learned it in prison.
This board has introduced me to people who made career changes into upholstery for various reasons.   
It's interesting to hear their views on everything from Beef Wellington, to beefing up a seat in an antique.

Child care? Chair care? We "cover"  it all (pun intended).
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

November 06, 2011, 07:53:13 am #1 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:57:14 am by gene
My general attitude about most topics on this forum is "Sew what?"

I should have read the topic about no power lines in Europe. I just assumed it meant that all the upholsters over there had no electricity and they were using sewing machines with a manual foot treadle. Kind of like an old organ. You have to pump the peddle back and forth to get the needle to go up and down.

I don't know why anyone would ask about light, or lite beer. Beef Wellington on an upholstery board makes sense. But lite beer?

I do enjoy reading about other upholsterers and what goes on in their work and personal lives. And this forum has certainly taught me many things to do in my work that has made my work a lot easier. And it has taught me many things NOT to do in my personal life that has made my personal life a lot easier.

Any thoughts about starting a body waxing service to supplement your upholstery income?

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike8560

kodydog

I wonder if you can do a bikini wax with hot glue?  :o

A while back someone started making fun of the spam posts which makes good entertainment. I wonder if the spamers ever come back and see all the nonsense that's written about them.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

And here I was trying to give this board a pat on the back for being refined and well rounded. It took a nanteenth of a second for the talk to deteriorate to bikini waxing ;D
Pass the pork rinds....
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

A bikini wax with hot glue... lol.  FYI, if you fail to use talcum powder under the wax and attempt to remove it before it's had a chance to harden adequately you have basically the same result as hot glue!

(TMI?  I couldn't pass this one by, sorry) :D

Grebo

Funny you should say that about spammers sofadoc, that's what I thought & why I didn't respond before  ;D

Brazilian please mike  :o

Suzi

bobbin