Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 08, 2024, 07:31:32 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Singer 111W155 Stitch Length

Started by Tejas, November 01, 2011, 06:29:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

November 03, 2011, 06:54:46 am #15 Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:56:47 am by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Quote from: slow96z on November 03, 2011, 06:06:55 am
It is a dial with numbers etched into it, this is definately where the length is adjusted.

If you've never seen this stitch length setup, it's kind of cool, and a lot different than how it's commonly done on modern machines;

Larger Image
http://www.keysew.com/Webpages/DemoImages/Singer111W100StitchLength.jpg

slow96z

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Your fast!@#

I posted and then fixed the post start to finish in under one minute!

Sheesh, you guys are demanding!

slow96z

Sorry, not trying to be demanding, just wanted to point out it didn't work.  So given this design and the serial number I pm'd you, would you say I'm close in my guess of the 1911 vintage?

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

November 03, 2011, 07:51:37 am #19 Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 07:54:57 am by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Quote from: slow96z on November 03, 2011, 07:01:15 am
Sorry, not trying to be demanding, just wanted to point out it didn't work.  So given this design and the serial number I pm'd you, would you say I'm close in my guess of the 1911 vintage?

slow96z,

I was VERY much only joking with the demanding comment, sorry, sarcasim and online humor can seem brash and obnixous if your not up to speed.  PM Mojo for clarifaction!@#  LOL, again, just kidding, but not really.   :P

As for S/N, yes, this seems accurate for this model.  If it works and your happy with it, that's all that matters.  Most parts are avaible.

Sending books by email as soon as I have this, and don't mind if I have a little fun here, don't take my posts too serious.  I'm on to learn, have fun, and interact with my virtual freinds just like everybody else, and would never type anything to offend anyone intennionally.

slow96z

Oh, I'm up to speed and probably a bigger smarta$$ than most folks you know, but I'm still pretty new on here and trying to be polite before I let my true colors shine....

Mike8560

love my dial yo can change stitch length like nothing. 
Even not having reverse I love it.  I bought it  20 years ago from some place in Lowell mass

Mojo

Quote from: slow96z on November 03, 2011, 07:55:21 am
Oh, I'm up to speed and probably a bigger smarta$$ than most folks you know, but I'm still pretty new on here and trying to be polite before I let my true colors shine....

Your in great company here. There are a few of us that love being smart asses ( me included ).

It has taken me two years but I have finally started to instill some humor in Greg. He is finally learning I like to tease him
and mean nothing by my posts. All humor and all fun. And just yesterday he found I will even take shots at my buddies
like that other machine dealer Bob.

Its all great fun here and the vast majority of us love bantering and teasing each other. :)

Chris

kodydog

Cool pic Greg. The description is cut off though. Is that a cam right below CC? That would explain how the stitch length gets changed.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Tejas

I had guessed that rather than a cam, the stitch-length change was dependent upon contact with the cone. Having said that, I'm unable to locate anything like that on the 111W155.
Dave

Juki 1508; Bernina 217 with CAM Reader