Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 06:21:12 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Customers who move things.

Started by regalman190, October 24, 2011, 06:31:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

I installed the framework for an enclosure a few weeks ago along with the tops. I went back this weekend to install the rest of the panels for the enclosure, but the tops were off. As I installed the tops, I quickly began to panic. The camper top wasn't fitting properly. It was all wrinkled and bunched up on the frame and it wouldn't reach the bimini top. I kept telling myself I wasn't going insane and they fit great before. Well...after about 15 minutes of panic and frustration, I realized that the client, for some reason, took the camper back frame off. When he put it back up, he put it on backwards. What a relief. However, now I had to take the time to take it down and put it up correctly. Why do customers have to mess with things they have no clue about????
Regal Canvas

Grebo

Oh yeh, I get that as well.
I had one that needed a new bimini top but wanted to re use the sides & front, I took the old bimini off & patterned to the frame intending to match up the old pieces to the new top on the next visit.
I turns up at the boat the day before he's due to return so I can fit the bimini & mark up the old pieces.
Not only are the old bits missing but the frame has been taken off !
So I wasted a trip plus he has no bimini when he arrives.
Turns out the boat cleaner had decided to take it all off because the bimini wasn't there  >:(
  ::)  & didn't bother to tell any one.
Suzi

Mike8560

VeI've HD this hPpen also not much though.

I used to like it up north at my old shop. They were all at my shop in the yard or water. Nobody messed with me. And the nicest part was I made sure it looks good before the customer saw it.  I calle dthem they came looked st it shortly and paid and went on there way.  Now mist boats are I. Peoples back yards  a d I'd I get to install it without them looking over my shoulder  they co e home when Im gone and have plenty of time to nitpicking if they want. Today I I stalled some windows made in a manner I don't do normally so snaps just straps with too much ability to move and thus not me wrinkle free all the time lucily it went well and the owner who was looking over my shoulder (heck he could have helped me if he knew what to do) he loved it.  More then want he imagined he said.

Darren Henry

It always amazed me that in a town like Kenora where everyone grew up in a boat and teh inhabitants of the 15,500 islands use their boats like cars ; half of them don't have a hot clue how to set up their tops in the spring.

My personal fav was when I had my job sabotaged. I got sent out to replace the tubing on a bimini on a house boat. The house boat was at a marina that a canvas shop on the property (owner's cousin?/brother? something). Friday we get a call from the customer ranting and railing about what a pee poor job I had done. The boss goes postal and I go out after work in my own vehicle to see what's up. All the jaw slides had been moved . You could see the marks from where I tightened them 6-8 inches from where they were and no two the same.There were a couple of couples having cocktails on the lid of their houseboat a couple of slips over and we exchanged the usual "who the heck are you and why are you on that boat?" "Oh yeah I saw you yesterday" 's .When I mentioned that the frame had "slipped" they all just said "yeah,that happens here If an outsider tries to work here"
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!