Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:18:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

knowing how you all like pics :-)

Started by fragged8, September 25, 2011, 02:30:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fragged8

just a couple of pics from this week in the UK,

this is my new boat with a blown out tyre on the trailer
I can't believe how big the engine is , EEk !! we have a 5mph
speed limit from my club to the sea.. about 5hours to get to the sea.

this a pal of mine from my yacht club, he's motoring back to his mooring after
an afternoon sail
I just happened to see him out so snapped a pic for him.

Allan

Rich

With the deadrise on that hull it looks like it should be a good sea boat

Is that a motor flush bag or a warning flag for towing??

Allan

fragged8

hiya Allan

We have to have a warning bag when towing .

I launched her yesterday and very nearly lost my van heheh

the Trophy is twice the weight of my last boat and was pulling the van down the slip EEK!

i think i need a bigger van. .

Rich

Allan

September 25, 2011, 03:36:07 am #3 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:36:28 am by Allan
Ah!! Rich

It never ends does it!!!
Then you will say I have a van that can pull a bigger boat then around  and around it goes

Allan

Mike8560

Do you have trailer brakes rich thst would help. You could have a small kikker to the port tied to tyebmsin motor for steering just to tool around the river. 5 hours to get out thst would  be w long ride. 
I've only got about 10 mins togetn out to the harbor.

fragged8

i like the idea of linking a kicker to the main engine

My last boat had a small kicker motor and i never even thought of that.
nice one Mike

the trailer has got brakes but the park brake on the van is in need of
some attention i think.

Mike8560

My  shop up north was right next to 2 ramps I used to see slot of entertainment.
I once saw thus young guy with a new boat 18' or so and borrowed his friends Toyota pick up to launch it. Well he wasn't used to the truck. Backed down the. Ramp and thought the gear lever up reverse  ot second rather then park he hoped out in one motion and the boat was semi floating with trailer under in and the truck underwater.   A diver went down to hook it up to a flatbed recker the recker wasn't blocked on the ramp and as the winch started pulling it also almost went in the water also.   

Darren Henry

Nice boat Rich, but a 115  :o What is a litre of petrol at your marina? I'm with Mike a 6 or 9 HP kicker would save you a few quid. Or you can teach your young lad there how to paddle LOL
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike8560

September 25, 2011, 02:29:52 pm #8 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:44:11 pm by Mike8560
 I forgot to ask how did it go rich did you take her out to sea?  
Looks like there some type of seawal on the riverbanks  I'd there a seawal all the way 25 miles?

Here a commarcial you may not have seen I think you may like it. Called
"A good. Run"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeE92WVe_so&feature=youtube_gdata_player