Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 07:26:13 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bit Odd.

Started by Grebo, September 08, 2011, 07:33:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

Not sure about this.
I have one guy you asked me about a dinghy cover you can leave on in the water, well straight away I thought of those 'chaps' type covers that protect the tubes, but no. He said.

"I was thinking of something the other way up. The dinghy normally lives UPSIDE DOWN on the wheel-house roof, so it's the BOTTOM of the tubes etc which need protecting from the sun, maybe a cover which can live on the dinghy semi-permanently, even when it's in the water".

He said he saw an article in one of the boaty mags about something similar !

Any ideas ?

Suzi

Mike8560

Ell it would be prety straight forward  to make a cover o er the tubes covering g the bottom. Flat
if gthey wanted to use ut while floating also now it needs to be tented not to puddle and you have to deal with the motor cover it or not cover it  to do bolth would be a compromise. I'd rather have a snug footing cover upsidedown. So if it was tended a d acomodated cor the motor floating It would t fit well on the roof 
I'd ay it's up to them nice fit on the roof or a compromise

JuneC

September 08, 2011, 08:09:49 am #2 Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:16:40 am by JuneC
Never seen nor heard of a cover that fits under the bottom while afloat.  Odd for sure...

June

Ok, just found this.  Not the same thing though...  Look at the last pic.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/photoGallery.jsp??access=Public&currency=USD&listing_id=1903&units=Feet&boat_id=2323630&back=boatDetail.jsp&boat_id=2323630
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

Yes that's what I was thinking of June.

Suzi

Mike8560

Ds like they would like to keep the inside of the dinghy dry a
while floating also. I can see cover everything  while stored where it will be most of the time. 

fragged8

September 09, 2011, 03:08:50 pm #5 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:11:27 pm by fragged8
i'm sure i got a how to on dingy chaps somewhere ?

you want me to find it Suzi ?

found it ..
quicker to d/l it here than for me to find a file host.

http://www.sailrite.com/Dinghy-Chaps-Instructions